Is Satele Shan slowly on the decline?

Hellhog

I'm a long time PvPer and Raider starting back around 2.3 on The Shadowlands and eventually transferred to The Harbinger shortly after 5.0 when character transfers were on the cheap.

I took a hiatus from the game through about 95% of 6.X and played only a couple of months prior and into the launch of R4 finally returning now after another 1.5 year hiatus. All the long time friends I made in the raiding community seem to be gone from the 5.X days for sure, which makes sense.

I remember what irked a lot of people back when the server merger occurred and the BioWare also did some server restructuring is that Satele Shan actually ended up being hosted in the same facility seemingly as Star Forge begging the question why for 2 different servers doing nothing more than splitting the community (since it was no longer actually east and west coast as far as connection went).

It didn't occur to me since I've only been playing for a few days but even on the weekend GSF and PvP pops are slow and especially non-existent into what were normal server operating times back in the day (granted I know there is a dedicated APAC server again) but even the afternoon feels slow and dead. It's 10pm central time now (yes on a week night) but by comparison Satele Shan has 1 populated Imp Fleet Instance right now and Star Forge has 4. That just seems crazy split.

And prices back up to 1000 cartel coins even only transferring a few of my 16 characters would still be a lot theoretically.

I know back when the servers originally were going to merge, there's always the people that like the quieter feel of the smaller population servers that prefer more solo play but man these seems like a real bummer for me that likes to play in spurts now these days with adulting taking precedence.

What's the plan with the North American community? Could we finally be seeing one single NA server within the next year? Because at least for my own personal take, this kind of sucks. It's obviously not as bad as Jung Ma or PoT5 back in the day but man, it feels like the dying days of The Shadowlands before I moved to Harb to breath life back into the game for myself.

• Like 1