Tossed off Server and cannot log back in.

CathyM

A little before noon Pacific today, I was logged out of Satele Shan server to the server screen.  I couldn't get back in and so restarted the game.  It now tells me (on two different computers, one that I've restarted) that the login service is currently unavailable.

I can log into the website no problem (obviously) and have validated that my account is currently paid for.

I do not use Steam for Swtor

• Like 1

Same thing happening to me, I went and tried a VPN and connected to Amsterdam, that let me login normally. The second I turned it off and went back to my normal USA connection, started having the same problems. Maybe it's something with their US servers?

Same thing here. I am on Satele Shan, I cannot even login with the launcher, I do not use Steam, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times, the repair tool is greyed out.

my buddy is having the same issue he's from the pacific us region i am from thew central us and am not and did not have this issue so I don't know but it is supper annoying i am here trying to help my friend he's not as tech savvy as i am so as for it being a us issue as a whole i don t think so but possibly regional but for sub who are paying for game time like me and him the fact you cant log in is not okay i hope this issue is addressed so by Ea and broadsword  due to the fact that people paying subs are being affected and the game is already dying population wise so not acting to fix this is not okay 

• Like 1

I'm west coast US as well, so yeah it does seem like it's that problem. I don't think it's a server issue with Satele Shan because I'm on Star Forge, and it just doesn't let me log in period to even select a server

i am on satele shan so no it must be west coast. and my buddy is a steam launcher player i am old Vanila swtor account i came back to play Cuz he wanted to try the game out so yes Definity  needs to be fixed 

i just had the same issue, reinstalled, restarted PC, everything and my last resort was a free VPN with only one connection in the US and it worked and i was immediately able to log back in, i suggest everyone else try that too

i agree, unfortunately this seems to be an issue that's been affecting players on and off for years(?) so i don't know if they'll start paying any attention to it now either

I am on Satele Shan Right now and I'm based in Australia This is definitely a Server node issue Unfortunately it may not be something that can be fixed on BS side One of the connecting servers between where you're located and where the server is located is malfunctioning and until that connecting server is fixed Or shut down so you can correctly be routed around it you will not be able to log in. In the early days of the Internet, this could take weeks to fix but usually,it only takes a few hours to get fixed.

using a proxy to change your location, which may allow you to log in. 

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The more conventional term is "routers".  They mostly aren't any kind of server at all.  They just route packets.

In networking, a node is an access point in a network where data can be processed, stored, or forwarded. It's essentially any device that can send, receive, or forward information. A node could be an end device like your host computer, server, printer, or mobile device. Network devices like routers, switches, hubs, and modems also function as nodes because they connect over WiFi or Ethernet.

I was just trying to keep it simple. :) Working in Tech development for 25 35 years ( I keep forgetting how Old I am) I find if I don't keep it simple people don't understand what I'm saying.  

11 hours ago, JohnnyGatt said:

In networking, a node is an access point in a network where data can be processed, stored, or forwarded. It's essentially any device that can send, receive, or forward information. A node could be an end device like your host computer, server, printer, or mobile device. Network devices like routers, switches, hubs, and modems also function as nodes because they connect over WiFi or Ethernet.

I was just trying to keep it simple. :) Working in Tech development for 25 35 years ( I keep forgetting how Old I am) I find if I don't keep it simple people don't understand what I'm saying.  

I've been a developer for ... thinks ... 35 years also, and more than half of that time was spent in jobs where I had to know how the Internet works, so you don't need to lecture me on what "nodes" in a network do.