Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

One of "Those" threads.

KetMalice

This is for Bioware-I don't care what the other uses have to say about it. These are just SOME of the things I really think Bioware needs to fix very soon if they want this game to thrive. It is my opinion. if you don't agree with my opinion then that is perfectly fine.

Well I am done. I had really high hopes for this game. I did hit level 50 rather fast and I have been waiting around for 14 days with a broken quest class that doesn't allow me to do the level 50 stuff. So I finally decided I would roll an alt. And this game just maybe isn't for me. But it was a brutal experience. Once I did it once it was like pulling teeth for me to have to go do the same exact thing in such a long drawn out manner. The class quests you do don't even tie in to each other, they don't coincide in any way on what you did with the other class quests. In fact the 2 separate stories would argue with each other.

But there are just too many bugs and missing basic features (I don't mean LFD or other WoW crap). I know I will be flamed and I really don't care, I paid $70 so I am going to give Bioware my opinion. I waited for this game forever like many of you and I was just really let down.

1. Draw distance, I am not one to get "immersed" in games but that did kill the feeling for me. Grass growing as i am riding my speeder?

2. Sound doesn't work and is nonexistent

3. Graphics are disabled and or terrible

4. GTN is terrible, no basic search function?

5. UI is terrible, can't move or resize anything. Sick of being on the GTN and having a companion come back and close the screen. I actually lost an item that i was putting in right as that happened. CSR took 7 days to tell me I had 3 restores in 6 months.

6. CSR-Terrible, absolutely terrible.

7. Crafting is a joke-I take that back, crafting is fun and the most fun I have had since SWG. But actually doing something with the items you make other than vendoring, that is a different story. You can get better everything from a vendor.

8. Ability Delay-This is a huge issue for people that like to PvP or even raid, or just like their skills to go off.

9. Constantly having skills canceled for no reason or just not go off.

10. Flashpoints/Operations so buggy they are not playable.

11. Optimazation and Coding in this game is just terrible. Too much stuff to even go into detail.

12. No server forums-forums in general are a mess. No search function for over 2 weeks-Maintenance that lasts 2 weeks?

13. Instancing kills the feel of the game. When playing my alt I would constantly see 25 people in a zone, with 2 instances.

14. PvP-Is a joke, classes with 3 stuns, knockbacks and snares on short CD's, and a only 1 "trinket" on a 2 min CD? The PvP is fun and "balanced" to an extent, but after an hour of PvPing it's hard to force your self not to rage at being stun locked/thrown around like a pinata 7489379567 times, that is an exact number.

15. Traveling-This is the biggest time sink I have ever seen. At least with SWG and 10 minute shuttles I could just stand in one place for 10 minutes, go take a leak, make some food etc. When you are 50 and constantly moving, you spend half your playing time at loading screens and running from ships-stations-stations-ships-etc etc.

16. Slicng (now nerfed) and no Anti-AFK in warzones promotes Gold sellers. This is a dream game for them. They can sit AFK in warzones and power level characters and get money. And hey guess what, we can't even right click them to report them or kick them from the warzone.

17. Updates-Where are they? We have had a couple of small 20mb patches with no "noteworthy" fixes. Even the abysmal WoW and AoC launches had more fixes in the first 2 weeks than Bioware has rolled out.

18. Sitting in que on forums? I probably should have put this on the forums part, but this is so stupid. Queing for forums access, and being constantly logged in and out.

19. Randomly being kicked from warzones-happened to me several times. I don't go AFK, but for some reason if you ALT-Tab in and out, you have a chance to get kicked out of the game-and it throws you back at the Imperial Fleet ***? Do you understand it took me 20 minutes to get where I was doing my quest?

20. I am getting tired of typing but we all know there is a laundry list of other things.

Edited: I won't let the door hit me on the way out, and yes you can have my stuff on Sanctum of the Exalted.

Edited by KetMalice

This is for Bioware-I don't care what the other uses have to say about it. These are just SOME of the things I really think Bioware needs to fix very soon if they want this game to thrive. It is my opinion. if you don't agree with my opinion then that is perfectly fine.

Well I am done. I had really high hopes for this game. I did hit level 50 rather fast and I have been waiting around for 14 days with a broken quest class that doesn't allow me to do the level 50 stuff. So I finally decided I would roll an alt. And this game just maybe isn't for me. But it was a brutal experience. Once I did it once it was like pulling teeth for me to have to go do the same exact thing in such a long drawn out manner. The class quests you do don't even tie in to each other, they don't coincide in any way on what you did with the other class quests. In fact the 2 separate stories would argue with each other.

But there are just too many bugs and missing basic features (I don't mean LFD or other WoW crap). I know I will be flamed and I really don't care, I paid $70 so I am going to give Bioware my opinion. I waited for this game forever like many of you and I was just really let down.

1. Draw distance, I am not one to get "immersed" in games but that did kill the feeling for me. Grass growing as i am riding my speeder?

2. Sound doesn't work and is nonexistent

3. Graphics are disabled and or terrible

4. GTN is terrible, no basic search function?

5. UI is terrible, can't move or resize anything. Sick of being on the GTN and having a companion come back and close the screen. I actually lost an item that i was putting in right as that happened. CSR took 7 days to tell me I had 3 restores in 6 months.

6. CSR-Terrible, absolutely terrible.

7. Crafting is a joke-I take that back, crafting is fun and the most fun I have had since SWG. But actually doing something with the items you make other than vendoring, that is a different story. You can get better everything from a vendor.

8. Ability Delay-This is a huge issue for people that like to PvP or even raid, or just like their skills to go off.

9. Constantly having skills canceled for no reason or just not go off.

10. Flashpoints/Operations so buggy they are not playable.

11. Optimazation and Coding in this game is just terrible. Too much stuff to even go into detail.

12. No server forums-forums in general are a mess. No search function for over 2 weeks-Maintenance that lasts 2 weeks?

13. Instancing kills the feel of the game. When playing my alt I would constantly see 25 people in a zone, with 2 instances.

14. PvP-Is a joke, classes with 3 stuns, knockbacks and snares on short CD's, and a only 1 "trinket" on a 2 min CD? The PvP is fun and "balanced" to an extent, but after an hour of PvPing it's hard to force your self not to rage at being stun locked/thrown around like a pinata 7489379567 times, that is an exact number.

15. Traveling-This is the biggest time sink I have ever seen. At least with SWG and 10 minute shuttles I could just stand in one place for 10 minutes, go take a leak, make some food etc. When you are 50 and constantly moving, you spend half your playing time at loading screens and running from ships-stations-stations-ships-etc etc.

16. Slicng (now nerfed) and no Anti-AFK in warzones promotes Gold sellers. This is a dream game for them. They can sit AFK in warzones and power level characters and get money. And hey guess what, we can't even right click them to report them or kick them from the warzone.

17. Updates-Where are they? We have had a couple of small 20mb patches with no "noteworthy" fixes. Even the abysmal WoW and AoC launches had more fixes in the first 2 weeks than Bioware has rolled out.

18. Sitting in que on forums? I probably should have put this on the forums part, but this is so stupid. Queing for forums access, and being constantly logged in and out.

19. Randomly being kicked from warzones-happened to me several times. I don't go AFK, but for some reason if you ALT-Tab in and out, you have a chance to get kicked out of the game-and it throws you back at the Imperial Fleet ***? Do you understand it took me 20 minutes to get where I was doing my quest?

20. I am getting tired of typing but we all know there is a laundry list of other things.

Edited: I won't let the door hit me on the way out, and yes you can have my stuff on Sanctum of the Exalted.

Pretty sure you nailed all the major problems with the game that have been ignored since Beta. Also, I definitely agree on the worst customer service, biggest issue right now. I've had better experiences with F2P companies. I support this thread, shame Bioware simply does not care.

Edited by Vitiatix

I agree with most, slight hyperbole and I believe that Bioware deserves a little more time, end of January I believe is fair to re-evaluate... you will get flamed but there is no inherent problem with this OP...

Good luck, I don't blame you but I would think that perhaps re-considering until say, end of January might be wise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.