Move Dark vs Light to archived achievements and bring back the banners!

jxjxjx

After the DvL bosses were removed, some of the best banners that were offered as a reward became unobtainable for players who hadn't already completed the achievement for them. In my opinion, these rewards should still be offered to players. Also, if you open the achievements window and scroll down to events, you'll still see Dark vs. Light listed there, even though you guys removed every DvL boss from the game, therefore making it impossible to complete any of those achievements. So why are they still listed and counting towards achievement points as if there's some way to complete them? If you don't plan on bringing the bosses back, at least move DvL to archived achievements, where it belongs. And while you're at it, you should also remove the dark and light vendors from the fleet because there's no reason to have vendors selling items for a currency players can't get anymore. It really seems like this entire event was sloppily removed and should be cleaned up once and for all.

d1.webp.59f33884ed1f805dc9f942c871b94e65.webpd2.webp.a6c883b79a772409c32e773cce1510ad.webpl1.webp.ce933b1be61518be22b5a939342ecfa8.webpl2.webp.864fa1b5bea89d8bd4775a8f39b55200.webp

Edited by jxjxjx
Fixed image links
  • Thanks 1

I am generally opposed to these suggestions.  Some players, such as myself, still have characters with light and/or dark side tokens we can use to purchase items from the Galactic Command Dark Side and Galactic Command Light Side vendors on fleet if we want.  With respect to moving the Dark vs Light achievements from Events to Retired Achievements section, I'm not opposed to that only if the 300 achievement points are retained.  However since everything else listed in Retired Achievements section had their achievement points zeroed out my expectation is the dev team would do the same to the DvL achievements and I'm staunchly opposed to this.

1) The Dark vs Light event ran during the second half of 2016 and has nothing to do with the banners in question.

2) The Dark vs Light system used in the game starting with 5.0 I believe is what awarded light side or dark side tokens that could be used to purchase items from the dark side and light side vendors on fleet.

3) The pictured banners were awarded for defeating all the bosses for a specific alignment.  These bosses only appeared when their affiliated alignment reached victory condition on the server.  The dev team indicated they would look for a way to bring back the DvL bosses from the system after the system's removal but that hasn't happened and at this point I think it's likely that plan has been shelved and is no longer active.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

I am generally opposed to these suggestions.  Some players, such as myself, still have characters with light and/or dark side tokens we can use to purchase items from the Galactic Command Dark Side and Galactic Command Light Side vendors on fleet if we want.  With respect to moving the Dark vs Light achievements from Events to Retired Achievements section, I'm not opposed to that only if the 300 achievement points are retained.  However since everything else listed in Retired Achievements section had their achievement points zeroed out my expectation is the dev team would do the same to the DvL achievements and I'm staunchly opposed to this.

1) The Dark vs Light event ran during the second half of 2016 and has nothing to do with the banners in question.

2) The Dark vs Light system used in the game starting with 5.0 I believe is what awarded light side or dark side tokens that could be used to purchase items from the dark side and light side vendors on fleet.

3) The pictured banners were awarded for defeating all the bosses for a specific alignment.  These bosses only appeared when their affiliated alignment reached victory condition on the server.  The dev team indicated they would look for a way to bring back the DvL bosses from the system after the system's removal but that hasn't happened and at this point I think it's likely that plan has been shelved and is no longer active.

Retaining the points means some completionists likely couldn't reach 100% events, even if they tried. I assume that is why they zero out retired achievements in the first place. Not to mention, listing achievements that don't exist anymore with the ones that do might confuse new players.

7 hours ago, jxjxjx said:

After the DvL bosses were removed, some of the best banners that were offered as a reward became unobtainable for players who hadn't already completed the achievement for them. In my opinion, these rewards should still be offered to players. Also, if you open the achievements window and scroll down to events, you'll still see Dark vs. Light listed there, even though you guys removed every DvL boss from the game, therefore making it impossible to complete any of those achievements. So why are they still listed and counting towards achievement points as if there's some way to complete them? If you don't plan on bringing the bosses back, at least move DvL to archived achievements, where it belongs. And while you're at it, you should also remove the dark and light vendors from the fleet because there's no reason to have vendors selling items for a currency players can't get anymore. It really seems like this entire event was sloppily removed and should be cleaned up once and for all.

d1.webp.59f33884ed1f805dc9f942c871b94e65.webpd2.webp.a6c883b79a772409c32e773cce1510ad.webpl1.webp.ce933b1be61518be22b5a939342ecfa8.webpl2.webp.864fa1b5bea89d8bd4775a8f39b55200.webp

Yet I do agree with your Main Point, they need to move Dark vs. Light Achievements to archived achievements; especially if they not bringing DvL bosses back!

A brief summary of what I said, in this thread:  Dark vs. Light Event ended ages ago, +Rewards thru other means please... - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

"I do realize the Dark vs. Light Event occurred in 2016 well before my time: 

This was a completely different Dark vs. Light System, that ended in December 2021; that was over 2+ years ago now.  

• You can't earn 50 of each style of Banner, don't think the DvL Bosses were ever added back!
  • So add 50 of each style of Banner for 2 Galactic Season's Tokens, given there 4 different types & non season Companions are 5 Tokens.
  • Please offer Credit alternative for Dark vs. Light Token Vendor Items too, was separate from Event; simply as you no longer earn Dark or Light Tokens."

They are removing the Dark VS Light system and going back to how it used to be : r/swtor (reddit.com)

Here you raise point of banners just as I did, yet your mostly talking about moving this to archived achievements, which I never even thought to mention!  Especially if they aren't planning after 2 years to re-add the DvL Bosses back to the Game.

5 hours ago, Char_Ell said:

I mean I'm fine, if they'd just add back the DvL Bosses so then at least we could acquire the Banners then!  Still if an Achievement is No Longer Attainable by New Players, they need to 0 it out for everyone, simply because despite if you've earned it, others can't get 100% achievements either!

Thanks everyone!"  

Edited by Strathkin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.