Voice on Cartel Companions

jenwulfklaus

6 hours ago, Spikanor said:

you think there going to do that when there need to hire some voice actors for it and pay then a lot of money for something a lot of people maybe not going to buy or use.

Many aspiring voice actors out there who would love to have a chance to even work for free actually. It doesn't need to be very expensive, unless you're thinking of A-list VAs like Tara Strong (who did VA work for SWTOR, among others).

1 hour ago, Jarcen said:

Many aspiring voice actors out there who would love to have a chance to even work for free actually. It doesn't need to be very expensive, unless you're thinking of A-list VAs like Tara Strong (who did VA work for SWTOR, among others).

any voice actor there going to hire for it is all a lot of money all is it not the best one is all a lot of money there need to pay.

and if there going to do that then you have a other problem also.

since who is going to buy a cartal market companion when we have all a lot of companions all in the first place.

i like to see there not going to waste there budget money there get from EA on something like this when there need to spent it on developing better good new contant first and hire more developers that we get a good contant flow and not the crap we get now in the compleet 7.X era see all.

20 hours ago, jenwulfklaus said:

I would like to suggest add voice and interactions on the cartel market companions as D-R3D, K1-Z3N and etc. It would be great!

Regards.

👾

I would use them more if they had voices. And especially if you could send them out on crafting/gathering missions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spikanor said:

you think there going to do that when there need to hire some voice actors for it and pay then a lot of money for something a lot of people maybe not going to buy or use.

You can easily find professionals that could do it for free in the internet, only to have this kind of work in their curriculum and not to mention using AI sound creation apps, anyway, they can use also voices that are already in the game as some droid voices from Iokath mobs or even rework some sound archives that are already in the game, easy and fast.
I'm sure this kind of simple solution could improve the players' experience and, of course, selling more of these kind of companions. The coolest it is, more popular it gets.

• Like 1

There are a lot that use the droids probably because they don't speak or make much noise

I remember seeing someone saying they liked the star fortress companions because they had no dialogue

Sometimes it can get obnoxious - enough that the devs actually reduce how much they talk(Darth Hexid used to speak her voice lines after every kill, and other sub reward companions still do this)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jenwulfklaus said:

only to have this kind of work in their curriculum and not to mention using AI sound creation apps

you know there was a strike few month's back where the voice actors also have join about using AI in movie's and game's.

then you know using AI for voice's is the worst thing there can do now since its only going to back fire then only more and only give then more problemens.

On 1/14/2024 at 6:25 PM, denajii said:

There are a lot that use the droids probably because they don't speak or make much noise

I remember seeing someone saying they liked the star fortress companions because they had no dialogue

Sometimes it can get obnoxious - enough that the devs actually reduce how much they talk(Darth Hexid used to speak her voice lines after every kill, and other sub reward companions still do this)

Funny you mention this. I got K1-Z3N so I didn't have to hear Z0-0M. 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Darth Hexid is not a sub reward companion.

Right, and now that I think about it neither is Master Ranos, but she was ironically the first one I thought of when typing my first message

I should have just said reward companions

On 1/20/2024 at 12:46 AM, denajii said:

Right, and now that I think about it neither is Master Ranos, but she was ironically the first one I thought of when typing my first message

I should have just said reward companions

Except that Hexid is the worst possible example of a reward companion, because you can acquire her by gameplay even now.  (With A Little Help From My Friends achievement.)