Repair Costs Tuned to Server

I don't know if this is possible but I know for many progression teams on Shae Visla right now repair costs that are meant to combat inflation are simply too high for the amount of credits earned on the server right now. It is preventing many from playing on the server. My idea is to tune the repair costs to the economy of the server. I don't know if it would be possible, but either adjusting the percent to the overall income of the server or putting in tiers of repair costs depending on overall server wealth. That way fresh start servers aren't overwhelmed with credit sinks meant for servers where many have billions. Say the initial tier is 1000 credits per death for a full repair. For every 100 billion on the server you increase by say 500-1000 credits, up to a reasonable max, probably what it is at now. I am making up numbers since I don't have access to server wealth but wanted to give an idea of what I was thinking. Just want to throw some ideas out there in case any are possible, or at least lead to solutions for the repair costs.

Thank you devs for your hard work, hope this gives you some ideas. Enjoying the new server and wishing the best for it.

I am just repeating what I have said elsewhere, and while I agree it is a problem on Shae Vizla, I disagree that it is unique to SV.

If there was 1 player with 7 level 80 characters, that every day went and did all the heroics on 5-6 planets (one character per day) that player would be generating several hundred thousand to a million credits per day. This would be way above what an average player would be generating, but it would quickly skew the server average credits higher then the average player credits.

I figure the repair costs should be the same across all servers, but be calculated on an average players activities:

• Weekly Repair bill
  • Weekly number of Heroics & Flashpoints (Credit Generation)

e.g. If  the average player runs 15 Heroics each week and spends 50K on repairs they would still have approx 250K credits gained (assuming 20K per heroic at level 80).

If you are not doing any credit generation activities, but constantly wiping in operations, I expect you would be broke real fast. but you are not an average player.

Now if they use Star Forge for calculating what an "Average Player" is it could be a problem. many guilds fund player repairs quite a bit, you could wipe 10 times spending 200k+ on repairs using just guild repair funds and not generate any credits that week (though missions).

Shae Vizla is kind of the opposite of that, guilds are not covering repairs, fewer players have maxed out characters & (due to credit scarcity) players are not doing as many ops.

Either players are not generating enough credits through missions or repair costs are too high, but it's not a Shae Vizla issue.

23 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

I am just repeating what I have said elsewhere, and while I agree it is a problem on Shae Vizla, I disagree that it is unique to SV.

If there was 1 player with 7 level 80 characters, that every day went and did all the heroics on 5-6 planets (one character per day) that player would be generating several hundred thousand to a million credits per day. This would be way above what an average player would be generating, but it would quickly skew the server average credits higher then the average player credits.

I figure the repair costs should be the same across all servers, but be calculated on an average players activities:

• Weekly Repair bill
  • Weekly number of Heroics & Flashpoints (Credit Generation)

e.g. If  the average player runs 15 Heroics each week and spends 50K on repairs they would still have approx 250K credits gained (assuming 20K per heroic at level 80).

If you are not doing any credit generation activities, but constantly wiping in operations, I expect you would be broke real fast. but you are not an average player.

Now if they use Star Forge for calculating what an "Average Player" is it could be a problem. many guilds fund player repairs quite a bit, you could wipe 10 times spending 200k+ on repairs using just guild repair funds and not generate any credits that week (though missions).

Shae Vizla is kind of the opposite of that, guilds are not covering repairs, fewer players have maxed out characters & (due to credit scarcity) players are not doing as many ops.

Either players are not generating enough credits through missions or repair costs are too high, but it's not a Shae Vizla issue.

First, that is why it should be tuned to server. Second this problem is mainly for raiders, not the average player. So basing it off the average player makes no sense. I also completely disagree that credit generation be what sets the value, it should be overall server wealth, not income. How many credits are floating around on the server, not how many are made a day. That way servers with inflation remove credits, and since the main reason there is inflation to begin with is exploits work on getting rid of those unearned credits on inflation servers. Would also be way easier to implement than your suggestion. If you are repairing more than you are making without raiding, set your companion to heals so you stop dying. No solo content outside of Vet and Master chapters should you be dying to more than credit generation.