New Playable Species...

Jarcen

19 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Maybe, maybe not, but it would, nevertheless, convert almost the entire Voss segment of the story (er, Chapter 3, between Belsavis and Corellia, not KotET Chapter I!) into gibberish:

• You get sent to a mostly-unknown world ("er, hey, I know it well because it's my homeworld").
  • You need to get special permits to be allowed to go there ("er, hey, no need for that because it's my homeworld").
  • Everyone tells you cannot do this or that or the other because you are not Voss ("er, hey, use your eyes, maybe, and *look* at me").
  • If they aren't doing that, they call you an outsider ("er, hey, I'm as much an outsider as you").

So it falls into the category of "no, but ... no".  Shame, that.

3 hours ago, Jarcen said:

Not exactly a story conflict when actually you've already seen a Voss in fleet selling mods...

Exactly the point I made. There is already story elements that show it can be done.

6 hours ago, Darkraious said:

Exactly the point I made. There is already story elements that show it can be done.

They can put Voss NPCs anywhere they like, and it would have exactly *no* bearing on any of the lore gibberish that I described.

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

They can put Voss NPCs anywhere they like, and it would have exactly *no* bearing on any of the lore gibberish that I described.

Agreed. It literally is just a matter of will and want. Supply & Demand. 

6 hours ago, Darkraious said:

Agreed. It literally is just a matter of will and want. Supply & Demand. 

No, what I meant was that the lore gibberish I described would remain just as much gibberish if they put down more Voss NPCs.  Putting down more Voss NPCs would *also* (in zones prior to the player's visit to Voss in Chapter 3) be mild lore gibberish as well, but *independently* of the "playable Voss" lore gibberish.

22 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

No, what I meant was that the lore gibberish I described would remain just as much gibberish if they put down more Voss NPCs.  Putting down more Voss NPCs would *also* (in zones prior to the player's visit to Voss in Chapter 3) be mild lore gibberish as well, but *independently* of the "playable Voss" lore gibberish.

Well of course. This doesn't go against my initial point. There's plenty of gibberish that is just gone along with through out the game.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:04 AM, CLJolliff said:

Two reasons why this won't ever happen: 

1. Their voices are all modulated. That won't work because devs are never going to rework every piece of dialog ever recorded by every single voice actor just to fit one race. If you say, just flop it out there without the modulation, then all the immersion is ruined.
  2. They are xenophobic isolationist nonpartisans. Why on earth would they join either faction, ever? Makes zero sense as an adventuring character. 

Bonus reason: How are the Voss going to react when your character goes there for the first time? Nope. Breaks the storytelling to pieces. Disastrous. (...and don't bother suggesting they rewrite those stories. They haven't even done bug fixes from 10-year old problems.)

In this day and age, they could probably throw the lines through a filter while they're loaded before playback and not throw off any synchronization. It'd be a process to be done before every cinematic though, and/or when zones load for any dialogue played out in the open world.

Tricky but not impossible. If they develop a system like it, they could use it for other races with modulated voices, like a Duros w/ Cad Bane's setup...

On 1/2/2024 at 3:24 AM, Darkraious said:

Not necessarily a major storyline conflict when we've seen from the planet of Voss picking sides to support. Plus Sana-rae even leaves Voss to join the alliance based off her visions. In terms of story line it wouldn't be hard to believe that the player's character could be one of those rare choices. Plus not all Voss are much taller (Prime Example below). So its doable. Just depends on if Bioware BROADSWORD sees us asking and commits to it. The only thing weird would be the non force classes, however that can be solved with a melee class that doesn't use lightsabers. 

There, I fixed that for you. Bioware is no longer the Developer of this game, it was turned over to Broadsword in 2023. It's been, by far, the biggest news for this game in 2023.

• Like 1

Yoda’s species. I don’t so much want to play it more just want a comp.

- I heard some where that George Lucas won’t let them be play able toons  

- Aside from the dude in kotor, did SWTOR introduce any other characters of that species?

11 hours ago, Perderedeus said:

In this day and age, they could probably throw the lines through a filter while they're loaded before playback and not throw off any synchronization.

Just like they already do if you wear a helmet that has an audio effect...

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Depends.  Was that dude "Master Oteg"?  (Intro NPC for the Taral V FP.)

Nope. I was thinking that Oteg was Master Vandar. It looks like they did introduce a new character.

Edited by AFadedMemory

10 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

I was thinking that Oteg was Master Vandar.

Master Vandar died when Nihilus consumed the planet Katarr. RIP little dude, you were great Jedi and a small snack.

• Like 1