New Class Idea

fondles_you

These new class ideas are for using the melee weapons (that aren't lightsabers) that are abundant in the game but seem to be rarely used. I also wanted a class that wasn’t really pro-Empire or pro-Republic and try to avoid them but get caught up in the Empire’s and Republic’s affairs while doing their own thing.

Both Factions would get one new melee class. I will also go over a synopsis of each Class Idea and the new starting planet. I will leave the story up to any devs still working on this game if this idea is ever picked up (I doubt it will ever be picked up but I thought I would still throw this out there).

Remember that I wrote this for fun, a very rough draft of a new class idea, and to see what others think.

Empire:

--> Corporate Enforcer <--
The Corporate Enforcer is one of the newest Enforcers of Praxis Industries. All of the Enforcer’s companions would be from Praxis Industries and the ship will be supplied to the Enforcer after dedicated service to the company and the corporate executives want the Enforcer to help solve issues around the galaxy that are giving Praxis Industries problems.

Advanced Classes: Seeker/ Shock Troop

Armor: Medium

--Seeker: Uses a grappling hook and anti-stealth tech. Uses dual wielding melee.

Disciplines:
-DOT: Gains stun and poison abilities.
-Healer: Gains Healing abilities.
-DPS: Gains explosives abilities.

--Shock Troop: Uses a stealth belt and jetpack or jump pack abilities to surprise and overwhelm the enemy. Uses one handed melee with a holo-shield offhand like the Sharratt Overseers have. The holo-shield deploys when the weapon is unsheathed.

Disciplines:
-Stealth DPS: Gains throwing knife abilities, stun abilities, and better stealth abilities
-DOT: Gains incendiary and explosives abilities.
-Tank: Gains shield and tank abilities.

Republic:

--> Tribal <--
The Tribal will use abilities closer to ‘tribal tech’ aka nothing too high tech. The first companion of the Tribal is a friend from the same tribe and the second companion is a starship pilot from Coruscant who agrees to fly the tribals around, flying them wherever they need to go using his/her ship. The rest of the companions are galactic citizens using modern tech. The name of the Tribal's tribe is The Silver Suns.

Armor: Medium

-- Champion: Uses Two-Handed Melee with a boomerang offhand.

-Disciplines:
DPS - Focused on additional melee and boomerang abilities with throwing knife abilities.
DOT - Gains incendiary and stun abilities (bolas?).
DPS - Gains additional ranged abilities alongside stun abilities (bolas?)

-- Shaman - Uses one handed melee with a totem for the offhand. The Shaman also has Force Magic like the Night Sisters. The Shaman’s Magic has a ghostly/eerie look to it.

-Disciplines:
Healing - Gains healing abilities from tribal medicines and healing Force Magic.
DOT - Gain ‘elemental’ abilities. Poison, incendiary, smoke, and possibly more that are deployed through ‘Tribal Tech’.
Tank - Gain tank abilities from the aid of the Shaman’s Force Magic.

New Starting Planet:
Name: Yuruta (Planet I made up instead of looking though the countless Star Wars planets not in game)

The two classes never meet and are on completely different areas of the planet.

Corporate Enforcer: The Corporate Enforcer arrives on the planet Yuruta as one of the new Enforcers to Praxis Industries. The Corporation is having trouble at their mining and refinery corporate colony on Yuruta. Crime, rebelling workers in a couple of the outlying towns outside of the main settlement, tribals, and other issues are put on the new corporate enforcers who just arrived on the planet. After proving himself to be a very useful corporate asset, the Enforcer is sent across the galaxy to deal with other Praxis Industries related issues as the Enforcer also gets caught up in corporate politics as the Empire tries to nationalize Praxis Industries as a hot war with the Republic is becoming more of a reality and war eventually does break out. Yuruta Enemies: Mountain Tribals, rebelling workers, criminals, and wildlife. Yuruta Allies: Corporate troops, Corporate Security, and the towns and civilians still loyal to the company. The area of Yuruta the Corporate Enforcer is on is a snowy, forested area at the base of a mountain range.

Tribal: A tribal helps one of the Silver Suns's chroniclers, who believes that not just their tribe, but all of the tribes on the planet are not native to Yuruta. The Tribal helps the chronicler and finds out that the Chronicler is correct. The ancestors of all of the tribals on the planet were apart of a cargo ship convoy when the ships were attacked over the then uninhabited planet hundreds of years ago and their tribe is named after the cargo ship they were a crew of: Silver Suns. Survivors from the dozens of escape pods that were launched to the planet began to form groups, which later became tribes, after there was no hope in contacting anyone off planet for help. All of the tribals were once Republic citizens and the Silver Suns's leader sends the Tribal to the new small colony town in the area to get off world and seek help from the Republic’s government. The Tribal, with the aid of the Republic government, finds out that all of the original survivors from the cargo ships all lived and worked on [Named Planet]. However, [Named Planet] is no longer in any Republic database of planets and cannot be located. Now, the Tribal goes across the galaxy to find clues for the whereabouts of his peoples' homeworld. Is the Tribal's homeworld a thriving world, a backwater world, or did something apocalyptic happen to it? Why was it taken out of planetary databases? Yuruta Enemies: Other named tribe, Praxis Industries corporate troops, and wildlife. Yuruta Allies: The Silver Suns tribe, the new small colony town. The area of Yuruta the Tribal is on is a lush tropical paradise and is in a big tribal territory war with another tribe. Note: In order to explain any speeder bike travel for the Tribals on Yuruta, I think each speeder bike taxi point could be a Silver Suns tribe village and the friendly colonists were able to teach them how to use speeder bikes. There is a decent amount of cooperation between the Silver Suns tribe and the friendly colony town. Or they ride some kind of native flying animal from taxi point to taxi point like on Alderaan.

• Like 1

Tbh, Seeker and Shock Troop just sound like melee versions of some of the normal Tech jobs.

Tribal...typically a tribe is of the same species. It's not going to work here because we have a variety of different playable species.

So what exactly makes them a tribe? And the Companion being of the same tribe, I don't think they are capable of that, because the Companions are fixed, and you couldn't exactly have a Cyborg Tribal, and then either have a companion that shifts to become a Cyborg as the first companion.

The main issue, I see with this, is that there is no counter-balance to these.

All of the existing Origins have a counter-origin. And the Combat Styles are all roughly the same across the two factions. Every one on the Republic side, has a counter balance on the Imperial side.

Such as Inquisitor (Assassin) <-> Consular (Shadow), or Warrior (Juggernaut) <-> Knight (Guardian). While there are some differences in the combat styles available to each, they are roughly the same.

And here, you have what amounts to a Tech style for the Imperial side, vs a Force style for the Republic one.

And even in the Tribal version, you've broken it down into Tech (Champion) vs Force (Shaman), which isn't really how the game is setup.

I tend to agree with Lord_Janosch. I don't really expect any new Origins, because they'd have to engineer new dialogue with very old assets (through Dromund Kaas/Coruscant), where those VAs might not even work with TOR anymore do voice any existing NPCs, plus just creating new content on all the old planets, to splice in this new storyline.

Personally, I'm not sure even new Combat Styles are going to happen. Best case at this point, we get a 4th option for Disciplines for our chosen Combat Styles. And even that is a stretch.

I could see them giving us a new Combat Style that was shared between Factions, maybe 1 new Force type, and 1 new Tech type, but with no Class Story at all. Maybe a lock that it can be chosen as a secondary one after you beat your 3rd Act. But probably not a story itself.

• Like 1

You're kinda mixing up two ideas here, the new Origin Stories (Corporate Enforcer and Tribal), and the new combat styles (Seeker, Shock Troop, Champion, Shaman).  These things are no longer directly linked except for characters on "incomplete"(1) legacies.

New origin stories are, relatively speaking, expensive in SWTOR because of all the detailed storytelling and voice acting, while new combat styles are (compared to origin stories) substantially less expensive.

(1) Meaning legacies where the player has not yet finished even *one* origin story up to the beginning of Ilum.