Just wondering..

UmbraMortis

I was wondering the other day when i went to a local privatly own store.. where do these people buy thier goods(Foods, cans, water bottles ETC) and still make a large margin of profit? is there companies that sell large bundles of things for cheap? Because i was really into opening my own small food store bussiness..

That's a really odd question to find here on the forums. However, these "small" stores or "mom and pop" stores are allowed to buy wholesale from the warehouse, some times you'll notice brands that are specific to certain big name stores in their shops and this is because of over stocking at the warehouse and it getting sold off. The price at these stores is higher because they cannot buy in the large quantities that the large stores can, and they also have to arrange their own delivery drops, where the large stores have their own truck fleets to do this.

Not sure if that covers everything you were looking for, good luck either way.

After reading your post again, I see you could have also ment a food making type store (as in a sandwich place or something). Small shops like these usually end up buying from stores like Costco in bulk and by simple math you can make money off it.