The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force User Armor - Found Sample Via Google

arunav

Ok - technically this is based on Luke in Episode 8. Now, don't yell at your screen - the film had many issues, but the costumes were not one of them. 

This would add a model to the game that is distinct and even has a cloak on it, potentially, without having terrible clipping issues. Again, potentially:

https://gacha-hobbies.myshopify.com/products/s-h-figuarts-star-wars-luke-skywalker-the-last-jedi-limited-in-stock

I'm just asking the CM folks to take a look and consider if this or something like it can be added to the game. 

Depending on how it's dyed, it could be used by Jedi or Sith characters. So it doesn't have to be Luke's robes, per say, if that's a problem. 

Also, we are seeing a ton of Mandalorian sets being added for a while now, and it would be nice to include a really sweet Force-user robe set in a future update. 

Edited by arunav

• arunav changed the title to Force User Armor - Found Sample Via Google
3 hours ago, arunav said:

without having terrible clipping issues

It would clip like b*gg*ry on any back-carry sabre/vibrosword/dualsabre/electrostaff, or, indeed, any other back-carry weapon.  It would also clip like farble against a lot of hip-carry weapons, especially the handful of hip-carry vibroswords.

It would probably also behave badly on Toggies, Nautos and Twi'leks.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It would clip like b*gg*ry on any back-carry sabre/vibrosword/dualsabre/electrostaff, or, indeed, any other back-carry weapon.  It would also clip like farble against a lot of hip-carry weapons, especially the handful of hip-carry vibroswords.

It would probably also behave badly on Toggies, Nautos and Twi'leks.

There are plenty of CM armors that clip badly on the species you mentioned. As long as there are options that don't (plenty of which have accumulated over the years), I personally think it's fine if sometimes there's a set that only works for humans or species in the game that essentially have a human head.

As far as certain weapons clipping, this also occurs already across an array of weapons, like the ones you've mentioned, on dozens of armor sets, both CM and in-game ones. This hasn't stopped the weapons from being released, and, in my view, it shouldn't. Players have plenty of options to put together looks that do work well for their characters, with as many appearance tabs as are provided - the weapons you mentioned can be used with other armors. 

In short, if any kind of clipping were a nonstarter for armor or weapons released in the CM, we'd have seen a lot less put into the game over time. For a potential set like the one linked above, there may be certain species or weapons it doesn't work well with. That doesn't mean it's not worth adding to the game, especially if it includes a novel armor model. 

On 10/27/2023 at 11:50 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

For sure.  I was just taking issue with the "without terrible clipping issues" part, not saying that the very real potential for clipping would prevent them from releasing it.

I did include potentially! 😀