Hood and cape variations

• 4 weeks later...

Broadsword.... as the new owners, I implore you to grant the wishes of a starved community of 12 years. We want hood up and hood down, and for the love of the Force, please don't ruin otherwise great outfits with stupid, massive chest decorations or anything else like that. 

See Vaylan and Shin's outfits in the Ahsoka show....those are perfect for Force users....both with the cloaks/hoods and without. We need both.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kirtastropohe said:

We want hood up and hood down

The reasons for getting "hood up and hood hidden" rather than "hood up and hood down" haven't changed in those 12 years.

Well, I say that, but in fact those reasons have become *more* applicable rather than *less*, since there are now more sets to modify.

Don't forget that some of the overall collection of hooded sets are *not* CM sets where they could add a second chest with a down hood and retrofit it to the sets already unlocked by players.  Some of them are world-drop sets, where they are nevertheless interesting.  Back in the 4.0 days, my then-main looted a nice-looking hooded long-coat chest-piece, probably originally intended for JKs, immediately after having seen Arcann broadcast her appearance all over Zakuul (Chapter VII, if memory serves).  I had her use it as a sort of disguise ("RP-lite")  while tooling around Zakuul after that.  There's no way they'd add a hood-down version of that and all the others like it.

That leaves them having to update all the hood-up models everywhere to include a hideable mesh for the down-hood, so that when your helmet hides the *up* hood, the *down* hood is revealed, and vice versa.  That's a *lot* of work, and really should be controlled by a reliably controllable toggle rather than the whims of whichever helmet you happen to have.

So up/hidden is what we're stuck with, since they didn't build it in back then, but that reliably controllable toggle remains a good idea.