The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Personal decorations in alternate positions like Chairs or leaning.

Banthabreeder

Ok, enough with the Personal decorations holding or aiming a weapon. We have way more than enough. Even the new Feast of Prosperity Event coming up you have the new guy and girl holding weapons. What's up with that? They should be holding a tray of food. 

Instead, create some Sitting ones. We have tons of empty chairs and not one decoration of anyone sitting in any of them. Create all different kinds of sitting personal. Leaning forward, back. Sitting at attention, even sleeping. Sell them in a huge bundle. I bet you'll make a ton of money on those. I would probably buy at least 7-8 for all my strongholds. I own every stronghold fully deco'd out.

While on the subject of new personal deco ideas, maybe even have some leaning ones. We can then position them against a wall, pilar or light pole.

I'm sure there are other positions you can put them in, ie: sleeping, yawning, crouching, other than just standing there or banishing a weapon.

Edited by Banthabreeder
  • Like 5

• Banthabreeder changed the title to Personal decorations in alternate positions like Chairs or leaning.

There are some decorations - like a dancing Togruta, I think either from the Nar Shaddaa Cantina Bundle or from the Nightlife event - that have 3 or 4 positions and, when placed, one is selected at random.

Some dancing Twi'leks are similar, where the dance doesn't change (I think), but their skin colour rotates between green, blue, and yellow, if I remember correctly.

Something like this could be expanded for most 'Personnel' decorations: Granting a mercenary (for instance) the NPC posture of holding a gun and pointing forwards, the npc position of them with the gun just drawn out, and the position of them crossing arms with the gun holstered.

This way, one could choose how they want to place them and no new decorations need to be created, at least from scratch.

This shows different dances on the same dancer, chosen from the internal pool.

Just wanted to clarify the kind of deco I'm requesting. I don't want them sitting in a chair, I want them in a sitting position. That way we can put them in any chair we see fit. If you 'include' a chair, that might not work with the design elements of that particular stronghold. 

I hope Broadsword is seriously considering this request.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 3:10 PM, Quendorite said:

that have 3 or 4 positions and, when placed, one is selected at random

I like this but I don't like the random change skin color for Togruta citizen and for the Twi'lek dancer we can find in the bundles.

More guard postures for NPC decorations could be welcomed. But I agree, enough of personal decorations holding or aiming a weapon and in attack mode.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...