Add Kai Zykken's Sets to Collectables

LemonsForScience

I think it would be neat to have these sets added to collectables so that you can pay some small price in CC and have them unlockable for all toons. I don't think it should be more than 10 cc just like the remnant sets. No reason why we should have to pay a metric ton of Tech Frags and rely on rng for weeks to months to get a set again.

• Like 1

Those are the 6.X endgame armour sets, complete with set bonuses (that only work at level exactly-75).  It seems ... unlikely ... that they'd make those claimable from Collections.  (Think of it in these terms: you get a character to level 75, claim a set of this gear, and instantly have the set bonus you wanted.

Having the *looks* of the sets applied to new sets that are just cosmetics (like the <Specialty Goods Vendor> sets on the base story planets), called e.g. "Reclaimed Apex Predator" (instead of "Apex Predator") would be a good solution to that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Having the *looks* of the sets applied to new sets that are just cosmetics (like the <Specialty Goods Vendor> sets on the base story planets), called e.g. "Reclaimed Apex Predator" (instead of "Apex Predator") would be a good solution to that.

So long as the costs aren't ridiculous like the cosmetic gear vendor. I don't want to have to shell out 3500 tech frags.

Just now, IramUnleashed said:

So long as the costs aren't ridiculous like the cosmetic gear vendor. I don't want to have to shell out 3500 tech frags.

I was thinking more like the costs of the sets at the <Specialty Goods Vendor> NPCs, 200K credits per piece.  (It would help remove some credits from the economy...)

Um.  But without counting up the achievements.  If you want those, you have to do it the hard way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I was thinking more like the costs of the sets at the <Specialty Goods Vendor> NPCs, 200K credits per piece.  (It would help remove some credits from the economy...)

Um.  But without counting up the achievements.  If you want those, you have to do it the hard way.

200k would be perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Would be a nice idea, as long as they also remove the class and level restrictions that the other sets have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Those are the 6.X endgame armour sets, complete with set bonuses (that only work at level exactly-75).  It seems ... unlikely ... that they'd make those claimable from Collections.  (Think of it in these terms: you get a character to level 75, claim a set of this gear, and instantly have the set bonus you wanted.

That's all I really want. I don't care about the set bonuses. I just think that if we collected the whole set it would be nice to not have to spend potentially hundreds of thousands of tech fragments to get it again. It took me 7 months to get soulbender and I was doing df/dp tech frag runs. Only I found out that along the way I deconned a lower robes. So I have it for the achievement and (great) title but not for the looks. As someone who cannot have enough outfits this is upsetting. I have so far spent like 30k more tech frags but haven't even gottena  single piece of soulbinder again. What would be really really nice is if Kai has TWO options. One to buy a curated and uncollected piece of a title-bearing 6.x set (even if it's 2000 tech fragments) and then one to get a random one for the regular price AND a way to get the cosmetics after you have collected the sets. Maybe through a cosmetic collection set add like they did with remnant or just through Kai Zykken himself selling them as relatively cheap pieces usable on all toons and bound to legacy.

5 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

Would be a nice idea, as long as they also remove the class and level restrictions that the other sets have.

My idea was to make them *just* like the <Specialty Goods Vendor> armour sets, useful only for cosmetics (really, those sets have no mod-object slots and no stats and no armour value (maybe a nominal one point, but you get the idea), and also not-class-locked and not-level-locked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

My idea was to make them *just* like the <Specialty Goods Vendor> armour sets, useful only for cosmetics (really, those sets have no mod-object slots and no stats and no armour value (maybe a nominal one point, but you get the idea), and also not-class-locked and not-level-locked.

Then, that'd be perfect

3 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That would be even better. I'm just so used to people crying about how you need to earn it on these sorts of forums. Seriously between here and the ESO forums sometimes I feel like I can't suggest things because people think that they would be too nice. For instance, not too long ago on the ESO forums I suggested that people shouldn't have to grind for hours every day for over a year to get to alliance rank 50 in Cyrodiil and that it should be more easy to obtain as the rewards weren't that good anyway and were rather niche. I suggested specifically that it could be a thing you could realistically grind out over a year of doing daily battlegrounds instead as that didn't require nearly as intense a focus on only doing PvP content. I just had a bunch of PvPers telling me how I wanted everything "handed to me" and that "I didn't want to do anything to get the reward." Just for frame of reference I barely PvP here at all, lose all the time and I am valor rank 75 on my main. It's easier to get valor to 100 than to get alliance rank 50 on ESO by a lot.