The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quests.

I'm sure many will be upset at this but... In ESO, non-subscribers and sometimes subscribers pay for expansions or sometimes even individual side quests in the crown store. Even as a subscriber I'm fine doing that; in such an inflationary economy I have no problem helping ensure devs and VAs get paid for all the work going into new voice-acted content. From what I could tell, I never had to pay for Ruhnuk or Old Wounds outside of the sub. Or did I miss something?

It's just a thought.

Edited by Addictress

SWTOR is on the cheap side. One moth sub unlocks all story content/expansions including minor ones like Ruhnuk and Old wounds. With current model only if they realeas 8.0 it would require to sub again one extra month.

Personally, i would not mind if they charged for expansions....IF the expansions were 'proper' expansions. SoR i think in terms of amount of content i could consider a decent expansion. An expansion like 6.0 would the the bare minimun. 7.0 would not pay, this fragmented BS is a joke.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Balameb said:

SWTOR is on the cheap side. One moth sub unlocks all story content/expansions including minor ones like Ruhnuk and Old wounds. With current model only if they realeas 8.0 it would require to sub again one extra month.

Personally, i would not mind if they charged for expansions....IF the expansions were 'proper' expansions. SoR i think in terms of amount of content i could consider a decent expansion. An expansion like 6.0 would the the bare minimun. 7.0 would not pay, this fragmented BS is a joke.

Smaller expansions smaller price. They have just single quests I believe on ESO but they're super cheap. I mean I'd be fine paying $5 or whatever on a single Macro-Binoculars-type unique mission.

Just speaking personally, I would gladly pay for individual expansions if that extra money to the devs meant guaranteeing that expansions were always 100% fully voice acted (none of that black bar BS) and could be as well animated as possible, not to mention give us more story and character options. 

Given that hasn't been the model in the game, I doubt they would do this (as you said, many people WOULD complain about suddenly having to pay individually for new content), but, I would pay in a heartbeat if it meant higher quality releases.

On 8/12/2023 at 5:20 AM, Addictress said:

Smaller expansions smaller price. They have just single quests I believe on ESO but they're super cheap.

Depends.  ESO Chapters (Summerset, Blackwood, Necrom, etc.) are lots more than just a single quest (and substantially more than what I'd call "super cheap"), and lots of the DLCs are more than a single quest.  Examples: Orsinium (whole quest line in the realm of the Orcs), Dark Brotherhood (whole quest line about being a member of a guild of assassins), etc.)