Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unable to vote kick a disconnected player in a flashpoint

Audie

So we had a player disconnect from the game, we waited a while for them to come back but they didn't so we decided to vote to kick. Tried it, the screen pops up to initiate the kick, click confirm then nothing... the other members didn't get the pop up. Tried swapping leadership, still nothing. Tried it on an online member and it works. So it would appear you cannot vote to kick a disconnected player. Also couldn't find a replacement while they are DC'd so Flashpoint had to be abandoned.

Hmm wondering if there is a bug with Social Notifications. Someone posted on reddit that weren't receiving stronghold invites from their friend (which uses the Social Notification popup the same as vote kick).

First thing I would check is to make sure the social notification box is enabled in the interface editor for those not receiving the popup and that it is not hidden behind another window (like chat). As far as I know group summons are working which also uses the Social Notification popup.

On 4/30/2023 at 1:25 AM, Audie said:

So we had a player disconnect from the game, we waited a while for them to come back but they didn't so we decided to vote to kick. Tried it, the screen pops up to initiate the kick, click confirm then nothing... the other members didn't get the pop up. Tried swapping leadership, still nothing. Tried it on an online member and it works. So it would appear you cannot vote to kick a disconnected player. Also couldn't find a replacement while they are DC'd so Flashpoint had to be abandoned.

Unless this is a fairly new bug then this is an isolated glitch.  Many times I've been in groups that have successfully kicked disconnected group members.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.