SWTOR Not Loading!!!

Aael

Hey All, Long time SWTOR player here, decided to come back after a year or so hiatus. I redownloaded SWTOR and subscribed. The first couple of times logging into the game were fine and no problems occurred. I transferred one of my characters back over to Satele Shan and from there the problems began.

After a successful transfer, I logged into SWTOR only to find there were no servers populating on the login screen, after multiple attempts to get this working with whatever information I could find, I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the game. After doing a clean re-install (3) times, I can NOT get passed the initial loading screen at all..... Things I have tried:

•  Uninstalled/Reinstalled the official non-steam launcher.
  • Paused any virus protection I have.
  • Cleaned any network issue that may be occurring.
  • Searched and removed any Bit folder I found.
  • Attempted to repair the client multiple times without success.
  • Restarting my computer.

I have to admit, I typically have plenty of patience, but at this time I'm completely running out of it and my nostalgia is about to run its course. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Aael
Adding things I've done....

Kinda weird it's happening after a character transfer tbh.  I'm guessing all was fine before that so my guess is it's a service side issue that takes a day or so to process.  

But yeah obviously idk.  It's not like you need to turn port forwarding off on your router if server list was already populating.

Edited by jedipattawan

4 minutes ago, jedipattawan said:

Kinda weird it's happening after a character transfer tbh.  I'm guessing all was fine before that so my guess is it's a service side issue that takes a day or so to process.  

But yeah obviously idk.  It's not like you need to turn port forwarding off on your router if server list was already populating.

Yeah, the same thing is now happening to one of my friends who just downloaded the game.

When I had this problem on a new install I found that the problem for me was that during the install that screen resolution was set wrong to a resolution that the video card couldn't handle and game could not load.
I tried to solve the issue on my laptop by first deleting C:\Users\[usernamehere]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings and restarting the launcher.
When that didn't do it I used Notepad++, though notepad should also work, and changing lines 8, 9, 10, and 14 of C:\Users\[usernamehere]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings to match my screen resolution which was 1600 X900 and game was able to start.

Height = 1600
NativeHeight = 900
NativeWidth = 1600
PlantDensity = 50
SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25
TextureAnisotropy = 8
Width = 1600

Edited by Ramahar

Hello,
mabye you can try steam launcher.

Try wifi/wire connection.

I think the problem has been existing recently with the pts server too. Mabye there's kind of link between and you'll find the solution in a pts server thread.

May the force be with you ;)