The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level Cap/Stat reduction issues Fallen Empire, Eternal Throne, War for Iokath.

RLxAnubisx

The level of enemies  in the story mode is set to 70, I am level 80. My stats were lowered from 79 to 80 in Fallen Empire. Missions became almost impossible to beat. Arcann Fight was obnoxious, numerous attempts were made after i changed my combat style to tank i barely made it after multiple attempts. I have played the whole story too many times to count  and had never  had this issue. I tried to reset levels, to no avail. During the mission where the story first takes us to Iokath a couple of Strong Sky troopers were level 66, all other enemies are level 70. The story was a slog and with random luck made it through. My gear rating is 235. I played another character that was level 62 and started Fallen Empire and the level is balanced at 60.

Those are specific instances of something that is probably "works as intended".  People have been commenting on it ever since Level Sync was first released, where the stats for synced-down characters are worse than non-synced characters near the sync level (e.g. levels 49-51 on Coruscant where the sync level is 51), ever since Level Sync was released.

I dont have an issue with level syncing, it helps with immersion. I have an issue with playability. I just do not recall having such issues with difficulty. I remember the only issue i had on the first playthrough years ago when Eternal throne was released. It was at the fight at the end of eternal throne where arcann and vaylin would throw me off the edge, sometimes repeatedly lol. I believe the issue is that the enemies have been brought up to 70 while the characters have been brought down to instead of 70 to 60. There were multiple instances where there would be two gold bordered enemies and they would do way too much damage. Healer NPC could not heal enough, I only have 51k health (my healer hp is 94k) and the enemies would do 5k damage. their health was 160k. I would only do 500 to 1k damage. the fights would take FAR too long. I thought the level sync was lower on those stories anyway. This last play through was not fun.

KoTFE and KoTET were not re-balanced when 7.0 reduced both character and companion strength (and buffed the damage of some NPCs though I don't recall the ones in KoTFE or KoTET having the "yellow line buff" where they do double or triple damage). The battles were originally designed for much stronger characters than we have now at the "correct" level and gear rating. You now pretty much need to be over-geared and over-leveled (or play a strong defensive class with good DPS). They are pretty much unplayable with the level 1 companion you get for some of the missions.

• Like 1