Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Conquest vendor named Pala not giving the items bought.

Owari

I've been going back and forth with customer service over this issue, and they haven't been helpful. I bought replacements for almost all of my gear from a conquest vendor named Pala. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the items weren't going into my inventory. At first the items wouldn't transfer to me at all. After several logouts and shutdowns, there was still no transfer. I tried to buy items with 2 other characters and got the same result. At this pointed I decided to contact customer service. They told me things were working on their end. When they tried to buy the items it would instantly equip to the characters they tried it on. First of all that's still an issue. They said it like it was not an issue. If items auto equip, the original items will be deleted. That's not what I would consider working the way that things are supposed to work. after I was told that it was working on their end, I purchased new items and tried it again. This time it worked for two of the items. The previously used items were gone. This worked for 2 more items after a couple logouts, however I did not get all the items I purchased. I wasted a lot of resources on trying to get these items.

Customer service claimed that I received all of the items because the items I had equipped shared the same name as the gear that I told them I didn't get. It's true the names were the same, but the ratings were different. I explained this fact to them and they basically called me a liar. All of my gear was augmented. The items that replaced my previous gear had no augments. If all of the gear was replaced, why do most of them still have their augments? It also sucks that the new gear that I got deleted the old gear because that took away the opportunity for me to take out the augments and transfer them to the new gear. The other issue with this vendor is the items they sell change all the time. Sometimes the gear rates as high as 336, and sometimes the high is 326. Sometimes it will sell certain items like boots, and sometimes it doesn't. The only thing that doesn't change is the name of the gear.

2 hours ago, Owari said:

They said it like it was not an issue. If items auto equip, the original items will be deleted. That's not what I would consider working the way that things are supposed to work.

But it is the way it was intended (by BioWare) to work.  I agree, however, that it would be better to have the original items retained, at the very least so the player can decide how to dispose of them.

2 hours ago, Owari said:

I've been going back and forth with customer service over this issue, and they haven't been helpful. I bought replacements for almost all of my gear from a conquest vendor named Pala. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the items weren't going into my inventory.

Palla Nalle is the conquest gear upgrades vendor on Republic fleet.  What you don't realize is the system is working as designed.  It's probably more an issue that the design does not do a good job of communicating the impact of a decision to purchase an item from Pala Nalle. 

Inventory only appears on Pala Nalle when your character has an item equipped or in your character's inventory that she can provide an upgrade for.  So if you have a 326 rating Noble Decurion chest piece and you access Pala Nalle's inventory you should see a 328 rating Noble Decurion chest piece that you can purchase.  If you purchase the 328 rating Noble Decurion chest piece then the game instantly removes the 326 rating chest piece and replaces it with the 328 rating chest piece you purchased.  If after this you access Pala again you would see a 330 Noble Decurion chest piece available for purchase.  If you purchase it then the game will again instantly remove your 328 rating chest piece and replace it with 330 rating chest piece.  To repeat, items purchased from Pala Nalle are upgrades and the item you're upgrading will be removed and replaced by the game with the upgrade you purchased.

The biggest hit is the augments you mentioned.  I have not personally upgraded gear after augmenting it but I remember in early days of SWTOR 7.0 players complaining about losing their augments after upgrading gear.  I'm not sure if BioWare did anything to address this issue and am not really interested in testing to see how it works.  Safest bet is to remove your augment from an item before you upgrade it.  That way you won't lose the augment even if you do lose the augment slot.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.