Guild Invite(s)

MQDank

They would need to put in some sort of system to block those invites like the "autodecline guild invites" you have when you are online so they don't even show up. I already get dozens of unwanted guild invites every time I am logged into a non-guilded character (I have plenty of characters in guilds and don't want any more). I can't even begin to imagine how bad it would be if they allowed guild invites when you're not online. Perhaps a system where you "apply" for guild membership and the guild officers decide to accept, though this could become just as bad as unwanted invites are now.

8 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Presumably controlled by the same switch that controls the current guild invite blocker.

Well, I'd prefer not to get two emails telling me I had declined a guild invite like you get messages when you're logged in. Ideally, they could implement something that I can select that gets rid of those messages too. I find it especially annoying when I receive more than one invite from the same "offender" in quick succession then followed by an whisper asking me if I knew I had my preferences set to decline guild invites. Whispered guild invites are annoying too, and I don't think there is any way to block those unless it is the same person every time and your legacy ignore is not full (though I'm not sure whispers are covered by the ignore list)

Edited by DWho
corrected wording
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DWho said:

Well, I'd prefer not to get two emails telling me I had declined a guild invite like you get messages when you're logged in. Ideally, they could implement something that I can select that gets rid of those messages too. I find it especially annoying when I receive more than one invite from the same "offender" in quick succession then followed by an whisper asking me if I knew I had my preferences set to decline guild invites. Whispered guild invites are annoying too, and I don't think there is any way to block those unless it is the same person every time and your legacy ignore is not full (though I'm not sure whispers are covered by the ignore list)

That's interesting that you get that whisper when you have declined the invite twice.  I would say well pay attention to my rejection, though I have received whispers about joining another guild, even though I am already in a guild.  

19 hours ago, casirabit said:

That's interesting that you get that whisper when you have declined the invite twice.  I would say well pay attention to my rejection, though I have received whispers about joining another guild, even though I am already in a guild.  

I pay pretty close attention to unsolicited guild invites because I report on the third one. What happens is I get the chat message "Player" has invited you to their guild, followed by the auto-declining message. About 1 in 4 of those is followed up with a second invite (which is also declined automatically). Of those that invite twice, it's about 50/50 whether they will whisper to tell me my guild invite auto-decline is turned on. At that point, I report them. Most invites are one off but on certain characters I will get invites from 3 or 4 guilds within the first 10 minutes of logging on. It is irritating to have those keep scrolling through chat. I wish there was a way to just have it auto-decline without either invite message (the inviting message and the auto-decline message).

Typically the level 80 characters are more prone to receiving multiple invites from the same person.

• Like 1