Looks like they removed the sharding. Can bioware confirm?

chrisftw

i just noticed after today's mini patch that the sharding in the game has been removed i've been seeing a lot more players pretty much on a regular basis now. any confirmation from bioware?

The system only goes up on planets that need it. Once the population cap in a given area reaches X-number, then they "turn on" the sharding. It may be possible that the cap was raised or that not a lot of people are on at the moment.

The system only goes up on planets that need it. Once the population cap in a given area reaches X-number, then they "turn on" the sharding. It may be possible that the cap was raised or that not a lot of people are on at the moment.

so far there's 175 people just in the coruscant area. and there is no sharding going on. the cantina was packed with players that and the merchant areas were crowded.

it seems to me they removed it. check your main map.

so far there's 175 people just in the coruscant area. and there is no sharding going on. the cantina was packed with players that and the merchant areas were crowded.

it seems to me they removed it. check your main map.

I see 100+ people on our fleet on a normal basis. The cap may be different for each area/planet, but I doubt they would turn it off all together.

Edited by engrey

Like most have been saying, the sharding would ease up as the population spread out a bit and as they tuned performance some.

MOST current games actually have it, and usually at launch, or the launch of a new expac is when you see it because you have bottlenecks of characters in certain level zones. And, as they ease up the sharding becomes less necessary and tunes back.