Numeric Keyboard Help

Serwiseguy

Hello everyone,

I have a gaming laptop and it does not have a numeric keypad. I bought a wireless keypad to bind my skills to. It will bind 1 skill, but that's it. For example, if I put Slot 1 as keypad 1, it will show "NUM" instead of 1. When I switch to slot 2, "NUM" appears again, but disappears from slot 1. I know NUM stands for num lock, so I turned that off. When I tried that, I received "end" for the key selected instead of NUM. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

That might depend a lot upon the particular keypad. It could have something to do with a 'driver' - if it came with a driver try uninstalling the driver, and see if it works without it. Or conversely, install a driver for the keypad.

The obvious workaround would be to plug a standard USB keyboard into the laptop.

That might depend a lot upon the particular keypad. It could have something to do with a 'driver' - if it came with a driver try uninstalling the driver, and see if it works without it. Or conversely, install a driver for the keypad.

The obvious workaround would be to plug a standard USB keyboard into the laptop.

I will try reinstalling the driver to see if that resolves the issue. Otherwise, I will likely pull out a keyboard and just use that going forward.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I have a gaming laptop and it does not have a numeric keypad. I bought a wireless keypad to bind my skills to. It will bind 1 skill, but that's it. For example, if I put Slot 1 as keypad 1, it will show "NUM" instead of 1. When I switch to slot 2, "NUM" appears again, but disappears from slot 1. I know NUM stands for num lock, so I turned that off. When I tried that, I received "end" for the key selected instead of NUM. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Hi, i play with game laptop as well.

Instead of a keypad, i bought an MMO mouse.

I think your problem is that you have not set up your keypad first. Besides the driver, you require special software designed to map regular keys to each key/button in your keypad(look for your brand model on internet, you will find one to download).

You need to set that up before going to swtor (or any game) to set the keybindings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.