Is Emergency Scan necessary?

dtongwa

For PvP healing?

For PvE?

Thinking the versatility of Tracer Missile, Jet Escape, Afterburners etc. might be more useful. Ideally I'd be speccing primarily for the chaos of world pvp but it sounds like there's really no such thing in this game. Which sorta sucks btw. And also means that I'd be looking at war zone and instance healing.

it seems underwhelming at first but it's very useful in both pvp and pve. esp when you're heat capped, an instant cast free heal that crits for decent numbers is a life saver. literally. its saved my *** in world pvp a few times already let alone tanks in flashpoints. didnt like it at first and thought the 31 point talent was phoned in, but after seein it in use, i dont think i could do without

The lack of heat cost, moderate healing and 21 second recast timer make it invaluable. It's also a GCD, so it reduces your heat by a cycle without hampering your healing. The only alternative for instant healing is to use your Instant Cast (2 min CD) on Rapid Scan. You can keep up a solid burst heal for three cycles by adding the instant rapid in the middle of your Emergency Scan sandwich.

It certainly helps in PvE, but I'd only subjectively say it's necessary in PvP. You'll face a lot more disables/interrupts and come across people who need immediate healing or they will just die. Emergency can make or break those fights. In PvE it's just gravy.