The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Heartbreaking State of SWTOR

ReveredDead

only a small section of players plays on steam. mostly the players who havent been playing swtor for years. the ones who use the regular launcher and who have been playing for years are quitting

That's a claim with little evidence. I know I was eager to move over to the steam launcher, and I've played since the game came out -- most game forums recommend players switch over, too, and you'll find that from all sorts of veteran players.

We have no way of knowing how many swapped over and how many haven't, so we can't conclude what you're claiming.

Though it is a great way to make an unfalsifiable claim. "Oh, there is an exodus, it's just coming from the population we aren't able to track."

Is SWTOR in a great place? Nah. But there's not much solid evidence to suggest any sort of evidence or significant decline compared to previous points in the game. Fleets and servers seem to have about the same amount of active players as, say, a year ago, and steam charts shows a relative plateau

That's a claim with little evidence. I know I was eager to move over to the steam launcher, and I've played since the game came out -- most game forums recommend players switch over, too, and you'll find that from all sorts of veteran players.

We have no way of knowing how many swapped over and how many haven't, so we can't conclude what you're claiming.

Though it is a great way to make an unfalsifiable claim. "Oh, there is an exodus, it's just coming from the population we aren't able to track."

Is SWTOR in a great place? Nah. But there's not much solid evidence to suggest any sort of evidence or significant decline compared to previous points in the game. Fleets and servers seem to have about the same amount of active players as, say, a year ago, and steam charts shows a relative plateau

same can be said for the example " the game is booming its fine, but its coming from the population we can't track." its a two way street

It's not so hard to see whats going on;

* heavy increased pop ups in every group content like WZ, VM/MM FPS

* lower population on fleet/planets

* out of control inflation

* → bc of less stuff in the GTN & less demand

* much less guild activity (one indicator is conquest)

* steamcharts

* less board activity here/ and less in social media

you may cherrypic and dispute every one of those points but this won't change the whole picture.

Edited by Xhuuyaa

It's not so hard to see whats going on;

* heavy increased pop ups in every group content like WZ, VM/MM FPS

* lower population on fleet/planets

* out of control inflation

* → bc of less stuff in the GTN & less demand

* much less guild activity (one indicator is conquest)

* steamcharts

* less board activity here/ and less in social media

you may cherrypic and dispute every one of those points but this won't change the whole picture.

I noticed a giant jump in prices months after they ended the referral system. There were less cartel items on the GTN after that.