Help with Gearing - PVP player

DavidAtkinson

Hi all,

I'd like some help and advice with this gearing system, which , in my opinion is the worst by far in the history of this game.

So how do I even start ? I can go a PVE route and a PVP route. What's the point of even getting gearing through PVP and having 326 bis if players can earn 330 gear from PVE and que up WZ and outperform players who have 326 bis through PVP route ?

what's the logic. also , why isn't currency for gearing legacy bound ?

So, I need advice on how to proceed. I recently returned to the game after a few months break and I want to start up properly the correct and most efficient way.

Thanks all.

Hi all,

I'd like some help and advice with this gearing system, which , in my opinion is the worst by far in the history of this game.

So how do I even start ? I can go a PVE route and a PVP route. What's the point of even getting gearing through PVP and having 326 bis if players can earn 330 gear from PVE and que up WZ and outperform players who have 326 bis through PVP route ?

So, I need advice on how to proceed. I recently returned to the game after a few months break and I want to start up properly the correct and most efficient way.

Thanks all.

It all balances out in that Gearing is useless in this game... Extremely minor difference..

For me thats a way bigger issue that the PVP-PVE difference.

Hi all,

Thanks all.

Gear both ways. Fastest way to do it, is to get to 324 Decurion gear, which is the conqeust/solo gear (don't upgrade it to green 326s I'll get to why in a moment). So do CZ, Black Hole, Heroics ect. The crates for decurion gear are useless they are just side-grades, so don't bother opening them until you are full 326. I use the green 326s for extra gear sets for alts.

Once u are full 324 then start doing warzones weeklies or, the fastest way, Galactic Starfighter weeklies. If you have 324 gear and open a Thyrisian/pvp gear crate, it automatically upgrades your lowest gear rated item to a 326 purple.

The gear cap in pvp is 326. So the ppl who have 330 purple pve gear have their stats capped regardless, doesn't help them in pvp. And finally, not sure where u got the idea that the gearing currency isn't legacy bound, but it is. You can't trade the crates back and forth but once u open them the gear is legacy bound as well.

Edited by Samcuu

Gear both ways. Fastest way to do it, is to get to 324 Decurion gear, which is the conqeust/solo gear (don't upgrade it to green 326s I'll get to why in a moment). So do CZ, Black Hole, Heroics ect. The crates for decurion gear are useless they are just side-grades, so don't bother opening them until you are full 326. I use the green 326s for extra gear sets for alts.

Once u are full 324 then start doing warzones weeklies or, the fastest way, Galactic Starfighter weeklies. If you have 324 gear and open a Thyrisian/pvp gear crate, it automatically upgrades your lowest gear rated item to a 326 purple.

The gear cap in pvp is 326. So the ppl who have 330 purple pve gear have their stats capped regardless, doesn't help them in pvp. And finally, not sure where u got the idea that the gearing currency isn't legacy bound, but it is. You can't trade the crates back and forth but once u open them the gear is legacy bound as well.

Thank you.

Do the augments work ? I mean the 286 ones.