The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Items being bound for two days

Buy them on the right character? The 36-hour bind is there mostly, I suspect, to complicate life for people who hack into your account to steal your CCs by buying stuff from the CM and trading it on. Removing that by removing the bind timer altogether isn't such a good idea, but changing the bind type sounds like a good compromise.

Buy them on the right character? The 36-hour bind is there mostly, I suspect, to complicate life for people who hack into your account to steal your CCs by buying stuff from the CM and trading it on. Removing that by removing the bind timer altogether isn't such a good idea, but changing the bind type sounds like a good compromise.

Well it's kind of hard to buy it on the "right" character if you open crates and it's rng. That's why I suggested bind to legacy for two days, then make anything sellable to the gtn after that time passes.

Well it's kind of hard to buy it on the "right" character if you open crates and it's rng. That's why I suggested bind to legacy for two days, then make anything sellable to the gtn after that time passes.

Which crates? If it's CM pack crates (or the Bronze/Silver/Gold crates, or the ones that drop from Galactic Seasons), they go in the Item Stash anyway, so you can claim them on whichever character. (The Item Stash is legacy-wide, possibly account-wide, not per-character)

But yes, I agree that changing them to BtL for the timer duration (a day and a half for subs, three days for non-subs) is a good idea.