The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion customization through appearance modification station

Was just thinking how cool it would be to be able to your companions hair, eye color, scars tatoos snd make-up through the terminal. Only basic stuff and nothing major like body size.

Could this even be possible?

While I think it would be cool, I doubt they will ever do it, more than likely for server load. As of now, each character's customization is saved. Allowing such changes for companions would add an insane amount of "characters" to the files. Another game I played had the same problem back in the day, which is why they never did it. While some of the private servers running that game today allow it, those are the smaller private servers, the huge main one still doesn't allow it, and they've outright said they can't due to the exponential amount of data it would take (they already have a 1000 character limit for players!)

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Was just thinking how cool it would be to be able to your companions hair, eye color, scars tatoos snd make-up through the terminal. Only basic stuff and nothing major like body size.

Could this even be possible?

i suggested this right after launch. i figured they could sell a companion "snapshot" which would be all the particular appearance choices a player makes when making his or her toons. that item could be a CM exclusive item that saves a particular appearance. one time use and can't be altered after its done.

i suggested this right after launch. i figured they could sell a companion "snapshot" which would be all the particular appearance choices a player makes when making his or her toons. that item could be a CM exclusive item that saves a particular appearance. one time use and can't be altered after its done.

That would even work as well. Just could get a bit pricey with all the companions we have. Fortunately I only have a few select companions that I use all the time, but Bioware would win in this scenario.

I would just love to see a companion tab on the appearance modification terminal. Whatever companion you have pulled out shows up on the tab with just basic changes. Hair style and color, eyes and color, tatoos and cosmetic applications. No changing body size or certain things that make the companion really unique to the story in game though. It also would most likely only do species that are included as playable characters. So no wookies, Trandosian, etc, but who knows?

I feel this would be a lot easier than making dozens of companion customizations to slot into the companion on top of gear slots.