Is SWTOR worth playing anymore?

Yeh Balmora with the standard mob that has knockback is a b**ch to run. Funny thou, Dromund Kaas has no problems, I even feel I kill stuff there faster and I am only 306, couldnt care about gearing.

Belsavis is just LONG to complete, like the fight where you have to kill the Jedi Master on Imp side, where he guards a bunch of deranged Jedi.

Or the one where you have to kill the Esh-kha, Champion mob. Both of these examples are not hard to do, they were just LONG. Literally, the mobs have no fancy attacks, but due to poor level scaling, the fights become a chore

I'm currently doing Heroics on Nar Shaddaa and its stupidly hard. Now I get that they want people to play together but when you lose 20% of your player base because you change how the game works then its clear you have done something wrong. Im level 80, I am using 326 gear, the correct gear for the character, and I do Veteran flashpoints as if they were story mode, easy in other words, but you go into a level 25 area and you may as well have no gear on or weapon. You take more damage that you can be healed, also it is now 100% harder to do. If I was a lower level player I would be really worried.

I know people that play in Master Mode Flashpoints SOLO and they struggle to do Heroic 2+ now on level 25 planets. I mean Master mode is really hard and yet they get their butts kicked in Heroic 2+ which before 7.01 or even 7, were easily soloed.

It tells you that when 20% of players who quit a game due to a change then something is wrong. I have not and will not spend money on this game anymore. They need to rebalance the game back to the stats as it was before, and have all gear visuals returned. At the moment they are conning everybody that buys any weapon because you no longer see the effects.

This is now the worst game on the market for happy playing because of the change to the fundamentals of game play and balance. If a level 80 in very good gear cannot do level 25 areas then it shows how pointless the game has become.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumbest expansion since the New Game Experience over at SWG.

If you like working your *** off all week for half the reward, you'll love it. Personally, I took last week off entirely. The way I feel is this - what used to be a great game with few bugs worth mention, is now a nightmare of disconnects, mobs falling through floors, delays, lag, broken missions and failed development. I never followed what is going on there, but I rather feel there's been a change of command and that idiot Raph Koster is somehow involved.

Were you there for the CU , a few months before the NGE? On Bria server there was massive ingame protests at Theed and Coronet spaceports with hundreds of players spamming various profanities that basically said "NO CU (insert colorful language). To this day i've never seen anything like it but imbecile Smedley and co refused to listen and thus began the end for SWG which was still my favorite mmo of alltime. The jump to lightspeed xpac had the best space combat i've ever seen. Ah , the memories.

Were you there for the CU , a few months before the NGE? On Bria server there was massive ingame protests at Theed and Coronet spaceports with hundreds of players spamming various profanities that basically said "NO CU (insert colorful language). To this day i've never seen anything like it but imbecile Smedley and co refused to listen and thus began the end for SWG which was still my favorite mmo of alltime. The jump to lightspeed xpac had the best space combat i've ever seen. Ah , the memories.

Wasn't the CU where they reduced the amount of professions from over 30, to 9? Or was it the NGE?

When I played SWG, it was when the NGE was implemented so I couldn't really experience the CU. I do agree with you, the JTL expansion was definitely the best part of the game! A shame I never reached ace on live. :(

Wasn't the CU where they reduced the amount of professions from over 30, to 9? Or was it the NGE?

When I played SWG, it was when the NGE was implemented so I couldn't really experience the CU. I do agree with you, the JTL expansion was definitely the best part of the game! A shame I never reached ace on live. :(

The CU added character levels - still had all the class trees - but they added levels - 80 being the max if memory serves.

I had a master rifles/master ranger that was "adjusted" to mid level 60s so i couldnt even set foot on Dathomir anymore.

The NGE was when it was reduced to 9 classes.

The CU added character levels - still had all the class trees - but they added levels - 80 being the max if memory serves.

I had a master rifles/master ranger that was "adjusted" to mid level 60s so i couldnt even set foot on Dathomir anymore.

The NGE was when it was reduced to 9 classes.

I see, I understand now. Even with all it's flaws and drawbacks, I still loved SWG. It was an actual sandbox Star Wars MMO with various quests to do on.... 9 different planets? I remember doing the Fate of the Galaxy questline before the game shutdown and choosing to betray Obi-Wan. Good times. Goooood times.

I'm currently doing Heroics on Nar Shaddaa and its stupidly hard. Now I get that they want people to play together but when you lose 20% of your player base because you change how the game works then its clear you have done something wrong. Im level 80, I am using 326 gear, the correct gear for the character, and I do Veteran flashpoints as if they were story mode, easy in other words, but you go into a level 25 area and you may as well have no gear on or weapon. You take more damage that you can be healed, also it is now 100% harder to do. If I was a lower level player I would be really worried.

I know people that play in Master Mode Flashpoints SOLO and they struggle to do Heroic 2+ now on level 25 planets. I mean Master mode is really hard and yet they get their butts kicked in Heroic 2+ which before 7.01 or even 7, were easily soloed.

It tells you that when 20% of players who quit a game due to a change then something is wrong. I have not and will not spend money on this game anymore. They need to rebalance the game back to the stats as it was before, and have all gear visuals returned. At the moment they are conning everybody that buys any weapon because you no longer see the effects.

This is now the worst game on the market for happy playing because of the change to the fundamentals of game play and balance. If a level 80 in very good gear cannot do level 25 areas then it shows how pointless the game has become.

Well. I say you're over exaggerating to a very very large degree. I just went through all Nar Shadaa heroics on my level 25 Maurader. Level 11 companion. All completed. All did not seem difficult. If you're as good as you claim this discrepancy should not be what was found.

Well. I say you're over exaggerating to a very very large degree. I just went through all Nar Shadaa heroics on my level 25 Maurader. Level 11 companion. All completed. All did not seem difficult. If you're as good as you claim this discrepancy should not be what was found.

The most annoying one is Lab Animals on the rep side, they give a nasty debuff.

The most annoying one is Lab Animals on the rep side, they give a nasty debuff.

what's the analogous mission on the imperial side? Cause...yeah...while I can agree they take a bit longer than I'd like I was not in any incredible danger. If I had all of my abilities like a level 80 would I have a very hard time believing this stuff is incredibly difficult as was claimed.

I have been debating this question myself recently, it seems when I log it I find as much to annoy me as what I find fun, nerfed stats make lower levels tedious, useless companions make heroics more tedious then they need to be, clunky gearing system that only work if you spam certain content otherwise I am lucky if I get enough matrix to upgrade 1 320 piece per week, still not enough Tech frags for my second legendary and I can forget upgrading any of them any time soon. We haven't even got to things like resetting dailes and weeklies.

The 10th anniversary was supposed to be a celebration, but it feels anything but.

So I came back last month from a 7 year break and just completed most of the story content that was added since the last time I played. I have really enjoyed it. But I haven't touched group flash points nor ops. Only real group content I've done is PvP and GSF which I've enjoyed. I know a lot of people hate on GSF but it reminds me of a (much more) simplistic version of SWG's space combat system, which I REALLY enjoyed. However I've nearly maxed out one of my ships which is crazy considering I've only been back for a month and haven't really been grinding GSF. It's obvious SWTOR is catering to filthy casuals (which I now identify as), so as veteran MMO players I can totally see why SWTOR is getting major flack with 7.0

A fellow SWG player, such nostalgia talking about that game, it was my first real MMO. Started on Eclipse then when they merged servers ended up on Starsider (I think it was called?) Anyways I agree with how much of a disaster NGE was. I remember unlocking the village for Jedi grind, then took a several month break in the middle of it and came back to continue the grind and heard about the NGE coming, that was such a depressing moment haha.