326er PVP Gear is useless because 330 gear gives much better stats in PVP zones

Uebli

Hello Bioware,

i see players with 16200 mastery in warzones this is only possible with 330er gear in the moment because augments still not work in pvp . With my full 326 gear purple i reach 15100 mastery , so to be competitive in pvp you need 330 gear :eek: This means your bolster is a fail again ( as expected) . So if you can not build a working bolster make PVP Gear 330 too ...quick . Those were my first thoughts when I read about the bolster and different levels ... and now that's exactly what happened . So for what you need 326 gear ?

Solutions:

1. make pvp gear 330 too

2. create a working bolster ( hahaha :D ) if you can

3. delete pvp from game

thx

Edited by Uebli

None of those solutions are workable, unfortunately. I’d rather see them bring back actual pvp gear with expertise. If people don’t like having to keep two gear sets, then give everybody a basic starter pvp set that gets automatically switched over when in a warzone. Use the existing load outs feature. We won’t have to keep gear in our inventory, but rather it stays in our load outs. Earn currency from pvp to upgrade individual pieces within the pvp loadout.

So for example, if somebody with 330 gear enters a WZ, the game automatically swaps their gear over to a loadout with a starter pvp gear set. If they keep playing and earn enough comms, they can go to a vendor and pay to upgrade a given piece within the pvp loadout.

This completely avoids all the bolster problems and keeps pve gear separate without having to maintain two gear sets in your inventory.

None of those solutions are workable, unfortunately. I’d rather see them bring back actual pvp gear with expertise. If people don’t like having to keep two gear sets, then give everybody a basic starter pvp set that gets automatically switched over when in a warzone. Use the existing load outs feature. We won’t have to keep gear in our inventory, but rather it stays in our load outs. Earn currency from pvp to upgrade individual pieces within the pvp loadout.

So for example, if somebody with 330 gear enters a WZ, the game automatically swaps their gear over to a loadout with a starter pvp gear set. If they keep playing and earn enough comms, they can go to a vendor and pay to upgrade a given piece within the pvp loadout.

This completely avoids all the bolster problems and keeps pve gear separate without having to maintain two gear sets in your inventory.

I know a lot of people say expertise this, expertise that. But really all it does is make it so PvP gear is left at 326 for example while the actual gear cap for PvE is much higher. This just makes PvP gear not as good in PvE as the gear item level rises and makes it more restrictive.

Why do I say that? Because stats increase each time item levels go up, our stats are really low right now, like really low. On average 5-10% critical less. The way to solve that is for them to increase gear caps for both expertise gear and PvE gear. Then at that point why not just have one? PvP gear worked fine in PvE, expertise was just a dead stat but still better than basic comm gear. If it's comparable item level it'll even more so be that way.

This doesn't even get into the bolster issues like Matrix cube, Rahkghoul relics, and the list continues that have happened over the course we've had bolster & expertise.

I am in the opinion of having one set as it's less work for them, though I would love more cool-designed sets for PvP. It also means stat progression and builds variety will open up as we get more stats from high item levels. Though if they want to keep the highest item level available only from PvP. Expertise is the move but from all the expansions and patches with expertise, PvP gear was barely updated meaning we'd be stuck with a crappy stat pool probably for the whole expansion.