Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

7.0 dealing with Premades a Guide

Sojorn

Ah, you were in another thread talking about how you hate this game and all that... I tried to give you some tips on how to get better, as a new player, like you. Since I see you've ignored those tips, ill waste my time and give you on more! Being decent to people might actually get you a friend! you and that friend can party up in pvp. Careful though, if you get back to raging again, you'll lose that friend and have to queue solo once more.

As a newer player, I can see you also don't know that when you queue at level 75 for pvp, most of those players won't have half the skills you're using and owning with. I seem to see what kind of PvP you enjoy now. No... No premades in mid pvp, but a bunch of players still leveling and missing half their abilities. If that's the kind of pvp you enjoy winning, go level another character up!

I honestly do not think I need your tips on how to talk to people or organize premades or playing objectives is difficult.

I never said I was a noob. Most of the time I do better than a lot of terrible premades. Plus i got up to 1400 playing ranked.

I do not need your advices, why do you think Solo que players are worse than premade players. The arrogance.

We are literally pointing out that it is not fair for a solo players to face organized premades and you what trying to justify that hey we all that lost to premades must be terrible at the game and it is "git gut" problem.

It is not. It is premades that siphon any fun out of unranked PvP. I want equal footing just like majority of solo que players.

Removing premades is better for overall health of the game.

I dont think most are saying that at all, at least im not. There are times i like to play with friends and times i dont,

The complaint isnt and never was about people grouping up, its an MMO after all... the issue is the imbalance it can create.

Dont remove them, just balance them as much as possible.

I dont think most are saying that at all, at least im not. There are times i like to play with friends and times i dont,

The complaint isnt and never was about people grouping up, its an MMO after all... the issue is the imbalance it can create.

Balance so premade HAS to face another premade. That is it.

Sorry. I figured by the past incoherent threads and name-calling that you were for sure a newer player. Either way, I look forward to seeing more of your rage threads about hating this game.

Eh to each is own. English is not my first language, and I do write crappy when I am not trying.

But you still prove my point. People who come here frustrated in facing premades have other scrubs like yourself come here and call them noobs and instantly derail the conversation.

Let's face it. Your arguement is borderline assinile. "You lost to premade. No issue here. GET GUD SON."

SWTOR mechanically is relatively simple game and unfortunately no matter how amazin you are at DPS, it is hard to kill a healer through guard with tank and other 2 DPS peeling.

This creates a game where premades die 1-2 times per warzone where other team has 9+ deaths. It is not fun. Even if you are the most amazing player you still can't control the other 7 to focus fire, cross CC chain or line up burst. Premades have a tremendous advantage in warzone.

Equivalent of that would be a ranked games of 2 DPS healer + tank vs 4 DPS games.

Can 4 DPS random players win against coordinated premade on discord? Yes once in a while. Most of the time premade will win.

It is as simple as that. And please address the arguement on how 4 random solo ques can win vs Tank + Healer + 2 DPS premade in a teamfight? Or any objective fight?

Edited by ReinhartRussian

This is the actual issue. Its not about premades its always been about match making. Frankly the match making sucks it has for a long time.

I mean sometimes I get put into games where the average dps is below 4k. I mean games like that is not just unfun for me stomping but also unfun on the other end. I hate those games. Its the equivalent of putting a Grand Master chess player vs someone who may or may not know the rules. I'm so bored in these matches. Sure getting 50 Killing blows and 10 solo kills sounds nice but these are the games I'm tired of.

That's why I'm all for premades. I want some type of challenge then facing what I consider no better then bots.

Im so down for matchmaking by Tiers like a regs bronze silver and gold tier. Will never happen but I can dream. Premades are not even a remote problem then its just Gold vs Gold etc. Sure you can make it so that you expand the match que after 5 mins or something if not enough players in that tier are qued.

TLDR I would gladly wait 10-15 minutes for a pop if I knew it was going to be a skill based que.

This is the actual issue. Its not about premades its always been about match making. Frankly the match making sucks it has for a long time.

I mean sometimes I get put into games where the average dps is below 4k. I mean games like that is not just unfun for me stomping but also unfun on the other end. I hate those games. Its the equivalent of putting a Grand Master chess player vs someone who may or may not know the rules. I'm so bored in these matches. Sure getting 50 Killing blows and 10 solo kills sounds nice but these are the games I'm tired of.

That's why I'm all for premades. I want some type of challenge then facing what I consider no better then bots.

Im so down for matchmaking by Tiers like a regs bronze silver and gold tier. Will never happen but I can dream. Premades are not even a remote problem then its just Gold vs Gold etc. Sure you can make it so that you expand the match que after 5 mins or something if not enough players in that tier are qued.

TLDR I would gladly wait 10-15 minutes for a pop if I knew it was going to be a skill based que.

I would actually like that as well if we can have a skill based ques.

However I think it would be just easier to give people a choice to OPT out of any groups when queing for Warzones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.