Energy Burst (Powertech AP) unusable (inactive)

Langela

Energy Burst instant ability grated at level 15 is unusable as it "requires Energy Lode" which I don't seem to get anyway!

Apparently, Energy Lodes should be obtained from using Rail Shot that, actually, doesn't grant any. However, it should also be possible to "instantly build 4 Energy Lodes" from using the Power Yield ability, but this again doesn't seem to grant any, or at least doesn't enable the aforementioned Energy Burst.

Default discipline for a brand new, level 1 Powertech seems to be Pyrotech. Probably that's why the Advanced Prototype path has not been taken by many while levelling new characters.

On a side note, the level "inflation" has become hard to bear. You get the basic Rocket Punch, Rapid Shots and Flame Burst at level 1, then a couple more (Rail Shot and the conal Searing Wave) a few levels ahead and then nothing till level... 15! Not even level 10, which previously opened the path to other "Disciplines" has no importance now. Then I had the unhappy idea to switch to Advanced Prototype at level 10, a choice that took away the only "AoE" ability I had, the Searing Wave, and so I had to same 3-4 abilities I picked during the first 5 levels. Then at level 15 I got probably 4 at once, but two of them were actually of not use (Power Yield & Energy Burst). :eek:

Completely agree to this post. I started playing as a Bounty Hunter with Advance Prototyped discipline for the first time ever. Did not encounter any bugged skills as a Pyrotech up to level 50 where I stopped playing and then tried Advanced Prototype where I noted the following bugs at level 15 as you did describe :

1. Power Yield does not, in any way, generate 4 Energy Lodes needed to cast Energy Burst at maximum power

2. Each cast of Rail Gun does not, in any way, generate 1 Energy Lode.

Hope the dev is looking at this issue and address them at next patch along with the newly introduced Loadout issues at 7.0.

Thanks.

I'm going to bump this in the hope it will get added to known issues list. Otherwise, we might have to wait another... "extension" to get it fixed.

Other classes are also in a bad place, but this seems to be a just a plain, straightforward bug.