The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ok Bioware, you want feedback? Here you go.

NogueiraA

I know you develop systems thinking on keep people subbed for a longer period of time, but some things you did will do the opposite of that. This is my last hope and my last feedback.

1 - Remove that "Damage, survivability, support" from the character sheet. This thing does NOT help new players, this isn't Gw2 where you can make hybrid builds.

When I press C I want to immediatelly see my stats, melee damage, critical chance, alacrity, Force/ Tech.

2 - REMOVE the weekly rotation, bring it back to what it was before 7.0 and be done with it.

3 - ALL Content should reward up to 326 P U R P L E.

HM and NiM raids should go up to 330.

4 - Increase weekly cap to 50000 for Medal of commendations, Aquatic and other currencies, we are tired of this small cap. This cap won't make people stay in your game longer.

5 - The loadouts are amazing but it needs one last thing. Make the gear be stored IN the loadout.

OR if you can't do that due to ****** engine problems, make it so when I change loadouts my gear won't go everywhere in my inventory. OR if you also can't do that, give us a way to know if that piece if part of loadout.

6 - REMOVE those horrible little dots on moddable gear.

7 - In the companion tab create an option to CAP or UNCAP presence, this way people that wants challenge can cap the presence and pvp against mobs in heroics. People who wants the old companions performance can uncap presence and that's it, both sides win, end of discussion.

8 - For the future I'd like if you create a new panel that shows the complete storyline of the game. If you care enough, open up Gw2 (it's free to play), and check the Story journal, it shows in a convenient and organized way ALL the story content available.

9 - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD let me change my D I S C I P L I N E in the group finder.

I was on my Guardian DPS, the tank dc'd and I can't change to my Guardian tank loadout. It was possible before 7.0.

I did that countless times to replace a healer or a tank so the group can keep going.

10 - Make the choices in the ability tree more evident, we can barely see which talents we picked up.

11 - This is for new players. I see a lot, I mean A LOT of people at level 60+ using one skill bar and camera at 19%.

Change the default to Advanced skill bar and camera zoom to 50%. Also remove Sprint from the game, I'm tired of seeing level 75+ with no sprint because they have no clue that that is a thing.

3 - ALL Content should reward up to 326 P U R P L E.

HM and NiM raids should go up to 330.

That's supposedly coming in future patches (they even said so in the run-up to release somewhere).

5 - The loadouts are amazing but it needs one last thing. Make the gear be stored IN the loadout.

OR if you can't do that due to ****** engine problems, make it so when I change loadouts my gear won't go everywhere in my inventory. OR if you also can't do that, give us a way to know if that piece if part of loadout.

Agreed.

6 - REMOVE those horrible little dots on moddable gear.

They do show something important (even if it isn't interesting). If a modification slot is empty, its dot is hollow. If there's something installed, the dot is filled with a colour that corresponds to the rating of the installed mod-object. The dots replace the column of bricks on the right in the pre-7 icons.

So, no, don't remove them. Revert them back to the colum of bricks.

7 - In the companion tab create an option to CAP or UNCAP presence, this way people that wants challenge can cap the presence and pvp against mobs in heroics. People who wants the old companions performance can uncap presence and that's it, both sides win, end of discussion.

What would the default be?

8 - For the future I'd like if you create a new panel that shows the complete storyline of the game. If you care enough, open up Gw2 (it's free to play), and check the Story journal, it shows in a convenient and organized way ALL the story content available.

+1

9 - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD let me change my D I S C I P L I N E in the group finder.

I was on my Guardian DPS, the tank dc'd and I can't change to my Guardian tank loadout. It was possible before 7.0.

I did that countless times to replace a healer or a tank so the group can keep going.

Indeed. It's not something that bothers me as such (I only DPS), but it's definitely a backward step.

10 - Make the choices in the ability tree more evident, we can barely see which talents we picked up.

Yes, indeed.

11 - This is for new players. I see a lot, I mean A LOT of people at level 60+ using one skill bar and camera at 19%.

Change the default to Advanced skill bar and camera zoom to 50%. Also remove Sprint from the game, I'm tired of seeing level 75+ with no sprint because they have no clue that that is a thing.

Let people choose for themselves, more to the point. Don't impose *your* view of how the game should be played on everyone else. That said, the default limits on the zoom range should be bigger than now, *but* they should also fix the "took a taxi, got zoomed out without asking for it" bug.

What would the default be?

Uncapped.

Let people choose for themselves, more to the point. Don't impose *your* view of how the game should be played on everyone else. That said, the default limits on the zoom range should be bigger than now, *but* they should also fix the "took a taxi, got zoomed out without asking for it" bug.

In order for someone to choose between A and B, they gotta know that A and B exists.

A lot of players don't even know that enabling more skill bars exists, that's the problem. A lot of people are just like that, they just open the game and play it as is, they don't even open the in-game settings. They don't even press ESC, not because they don't want, but because they have no clue about it.

Is it Bioware's fault? NO. I know that but Bioware could help those players with one simple move.

In order for someone to choose between A and B, they gotta know that A and B exists.

A lot of players don't even know that enabling more skill bars exists, that's the problem. A lot of people are just like that, they just open the game and play it as is, they don't even open the in-game settings. They don't even press ESC, not because they don't want, but because they have no clue about it.

Is it Bioware's fault? NO. I know that but Bioware could help those players with one simple move.

Sure, and I agree that both of those settings (zoom range and quickbars) are unobvious. When I asked you to not impose your idea of the right way to play on everyone else, I was thinking more of the zoom thing. I like being zoomed in, but I found the "max zoom out" slider long and long ago(1), and promptly set the upper limit to as far out as it would go.

But I still play mostly zoomed in, unless I'm in one of those tight spots where it's important to see all around. And the default should be the widest range possible. (Why is that slider even a thing anyway?)

(1) It was annoying me that I couldn't zoom out hardly at all (with the mouse wheel), unlike all the other MMORPGs I've played over the years, so I went looking for a setting to change the limits.

Honestly if I can just get max gear via HM operations. I will be a happy player. This new gear system isn't that bad when it comes to upgrades and gear drops. My biggest problem is needing to play NiM only to get rakata 330 gear. I have experienced nothing but pure toxicity and elitism from NiM players that I can't even fathom the casual 95% of the player base wanting to play with people who A, won't even invite them, B, has no patience to teach them and C, will berate them for not getting it after two or three pulls. HM operations is just what it is. It's hard but it's doable. It's the sweet spot between too hard and too easy. So Bioware for the love of god. Make max gear rating droppable in HM operations in 7.1. Not just R4 but all HM operations.

I totally agree except the sprint thing. It should be turned on by default but we should be able to turn it off (for those annoying jumps etc).

Also I'd add that heroic weeklies need a conquest goal reward - I mean, doing 7 heroics in Hoth is more painful than some weeklies, yet we get no conquest points (except the basic 645) for completing it.