Legacy of the Sith Malgus fight, why no fix so far ?

Yes I know it has been posted many times before and the team is "aware" of the issue but its been almost a damn month since this so called expansion was released why has nothing been done about the bugs ?! Technical team where are you at ? When are you going to apply a maintenance or fix for these issues ? The fp is a pain and please don't come at me with learn the tactics and such because this is a bug and has nothing to do with tactics. Yea sure some people found a workaround but that doesn't work all the time. Its a bug that shouldn't be there, please devs i hope to hear from you soon about this issue because this is just unbelievable. Thanks.

Yes I know it has been posted many times before and the team is "aware" of the issue but its been almost a damn month since this so called expansion was released why has nothing been done about the bugs ?! Technical team where are you at ? When are you going to apply a maintenance or fix for these issues ? The fp is a pain and please don't come at me with learn the tactics and such because this is a bug and has nothing to do with tactics. Yea sure some people found a workaround but that doesn't work all the time. Its a bug that shouldn't be there, please devs i hope to hear from you soon about this issue because this is just unbelievable. Thanks.

It took them >6 months to fix SoV and that's only for difficulty toning, not a bug fix. Don't get your hope high.

I found it "funny" that the first time I said "I didn't had any problem in this FP before" in group chat, I jinxed myself and started to get the bug in every single run after that lol

I found it "funny" that the first time I said "I didn't had any problem in this FP before" in group chat, I jinxed myself and started to get the bug in every single run after that lol

Lmao, same here. After three 'bug-free' runs, our group ran into it last night.

Interesting difference this time: I was able to repeatedly get back in and we ultimately finished him off. I am not 100% sure what is bug vs. what is really knowing the mechanics so please take with a grain of salt, but we kept getting thrown out with his big pull. If you get on the rock pile to the left of the area, you can jump on top of and over the force barrier. I did this in all three color phases.

I always aggro and go behind the fallen pillar until he does the first pull, then try to stay on him as much as possible. In this instance, his further pulls kept taking us through the floor and putting us outside (again, not sure if bug or mechanic), but the rest of the times I have been in the FP the pulls after the initial one were not doing this and was more about dealing with the other mechanics in beating him.

As long as we can keep getting back in, there is a workaround (or that is the mechanic we deal with), and this FP is at least doable.

On a different note, when we finished, it did not count towards the weekly...

It took them >6 months to fix SoV and that's only for difficulty toning, not a bug fix. Don't get your hope high.

That’s just great :’) and I have to do this accursed mission for 8 more times for all my people. And guess what when I did it the first time on Jedi knight and imperial agent I had no issues but then when I got to my trooper it all started and has been happening since then every time. Sick of it, I really hope they fix this damn thing soon cuz that’s just ridiculous

Lmao, same here. After three 'bug-free' runs, our group ran into it last night.

Interesting difference this time: I was able to repeatedly get back in and we ultimately finished him off. I am not 100% sure what is bug vs. what is really knowing the mechanics so please take with a grain of salt, but we kept getting thrown out with his big pull. If you get on the rock pile to the left of the area, you can jump on top of and over the force barrier. I did this in all three color phases.

I always aggro and go behind the fallen pillar until he does the first pull, then try to stay on him as much as possible. In this instance, his further pulls kept taking us through the floor and putting us outside (again, not sure if bug or mechanic), but the rest of the times I have been in the FP the pulls after the initial one were not doing this and was more about dealing with the other mechanics in beating him.

As long as we can keep getting back in, there is a workaround (or that is the mechanic we deal with), and this FP is at least doable.

On a different note, when we finished, it did not count towards the weekly...

There is no mechanic, it’s a bug but people keep saying “learn the techniques” common guys this is not a technique it’s a bug, a mistake. And yes I have tried all these ways, I make it, but after how many tries ? No less than at least 5 ! It’s gets irritating then, I sincerely hope they fix this excuse of a fp soon

because they are way too incompetent to fix a single thing from 10 years ago when the game launched... what makes you think they'll fix something they just pushed out?

i re-subbed to try out this xpac. def dropping that sub. broken game. apathetic developers. ripoff cash shop.

sorry, but swtor in 2022 is an unmitigated disaster. if i was a BW developer, i would NOT put it on my resume, if i ever wanted to work in gaming, again.

I haven't complained so far, I only did it on ranged characters, but now , doing it on my bounty hunter, I am thoroughly frustrated, I have dropped through the floor at least 15 times because of his pull. -.- . PLEASE someone tell me how to fix this. or at least how to get out of this? Do i not dps at all and just heal my comps?. IDK how to fix this ><.

I haven't complained so far, I only did it on ranged characters, but now , doing it on my bounty hunter, I am thoroughly frustrated, I have dropped through the floor at least 15 times because of his pull. -.- . PLEASE someone tell me how to fix this. or at least how to get out of this? Do i not dps at all and just heal my comps?. IDK how to fix this ><.

When he puts up the red circle that summons the rock, go immediately to the edge and put your back against the pillar. This way, his pull before his zoom will knock you back to the pillar, thus you'll be safe. It sucks but just wait it out.

When he puts up the red circle that summons the rock, go immediately to the edge and put your back against the pillar. This way, his pull before his zoom will knock you back to the pillar, thus you'll be safe. It sucks but just wait it out.

Yeah I don't die to his push , I Die to his pull and fall through the floor, litterally not from dmg, just fall down through the floor, it keeps saying "killed by fall dmg, "Minx killed by fall dmg, Minx killed minx by fall dmg " now its happened on my sorc ? Srsly , the only character this hasn't happened so far is my snipers, and That is because they can't be pulled because they have a natural pull resistance by their auto cover ><. This isn't a mechanic or a "feature" its crap bug that needs to be fixed -.- I want to see a dev NOT fall through the floor on anyone but a sniper .

Oh and I have NEVER gotten stuck in the red circle or been run over by him during his run phase or stuck in the static barrier around the fight zone Just strictly falling through the floor -.-!

Edited by Iceslasher
Extra comments

Yeah I don't die to his push , I Die to his pull and fall through the floor, litterally not from dmg, just fall down through the floor, it keeps saying "killed by fall dmg, "Minx killed by fall dmg, Minx killed minx by fall dmg " now its happened on my sorc ? Srsly , the only character this hasn't happened so far is my snipers, and That is because they can't be pulled because they have a natural pull resistance by their auto cover ><. This isn't a mechanic or a "feature" its crap bug that needs to be fixed -.- I want to see a dev NOT fall through the floor on anyone but a sniper .

Oh and I have NEVER gotten stuck in the red circle or been run over by him during his run phase or stuck in the static barrier around the fight zone Just strictly falling through the floor -.-!

To my sentinel at least, his pull won't work if I glue my back to the pillar and his pull/push skill will only act as a big push, thus avoiding the pulled into oblivion bug. I said get to the edge when red circle drops because it has a high fail chance if I'm a few secs late and as a melee I need more time to get to the edge before he does the pull/push thing. Not sure if this workaround is even consistent because I've only done this fight with a sent, a sorc, and a sniper.

On my first story run of Nul/Elom, I saw the folks discussing it in general chat and recommended fighting in front of one of the southern pillars.

I've used that strat on all of my playthroughs, and the only times I've died from the pull is when I got cocky and kept fighting him in the dirt instead of returning to the pillar

Interestingly I just ran this the first time on my sentinal and had no issues. Went really smooth and completed it with no deaths.

Today however I was running my mercenary through it and It is bugged now. I get insta killed with fall damage repeatedly over and over. Tried the edge of the ring routine, tried by the stairs, tried moving, tried several different approaches and malgus just force leaps or force pulls every time and everyone*s dead. I don't get it. He never once did this on my sentinal, but he sure hates my mando.

So now I just sit bugged unable to finish on this character, so I moved on to another one to work on them instead.

It's just crazy they haven't fixed this by now. What is this company doing? Most developers would have had a bug like this fixed within the first week, especially if it impedes progress. Maybe they think because it's the last piece of content for now there is no rush? /facepalm

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

I finally tried the flashpoint this evening - I figured if I gave it a month, the hiccups would be worked out. Nope. It was still uncompletable due to bugs.

I died repeatedly to the fall damage from Malgus glitching me through the floor over and over at random points during the fight. When I tried cheesing it from behind the pillar, I still died. At one point the game said I had been killed by my own character using Force Barrier. Both companions were also glitched and were no help; Lana wouldn't move and would only fight if Malgus came directly to where she was standing, and Tau just flat-out disappeared from the combat area and I have no idea where she went. I finally gave up because I wasn't getting anywhere and it was the opposite of fun.

This... really isn't an acceptable quality standard for a commercial release, especially when it has been out a month and these game-breaking issues haven't been addressed. I'm giving up on this one until the devs get it functional.

Edited by TreeHuggerHannah

Wondering why the issue is so hard to replicate in the test environment? You would think with enough runs it would show as it is consistently hit and miss for groups I am in. Saturday I spent an hour+ with one group where falling through the floor was constantly happening to everyone. Then the next two runs it seemed to be 'working right' where you were pulled to center (or red circle) and not kicked outside. How is this not happening in test environment? Or better yet, how is the test environment not aligned with the production environment?

Just had an hour and twenty minute run of this joyful new FP.... So much fun, can't wait to run it again...

If you can't fix it in a timely manner, the least you could do is not have it be a mandatory selection for the weekly wrapper mission so we can just avoid it until it's fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.