Unacceptable customer service response for bugged out and untested content

I get this is a rant post, but honestly, I'm more irritated by a trash response I received from customer service (or lack there of) than the fact that I'm wasting time QAing a delayed update, only to find how buggy it is and that the only urgent fix priorities are the ones that actually benefit subscribing players (or sometimes referred to as exploits if "not working as intended"). But all of us unfortunately already know this...

So onto the petty issue, SM ToS not completing at Revan and not receiving the 20 Catalysts. It's only 20 Catalysts, so I'm like, no big deal...

Here's where I get upset. I take the time to write a ticket:

"Temple of Sacrifice weekly story mode is broken."

"Finished the whole operation and Revan is still highlighted as a needed kill so the mission does not complete."

"I'm not getting the rewards for completing. Completed 2/22/22. Please help and thank you."

6 days later I get a copied and pasted a piece of garbage:

"Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support."

"We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into is a bug. (No, really? Good job!). We'll fix it a future update." (I know this is a bug, this is why I reported it)

"Keep an eye on: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update." (Thank you, I already do).

"Galactic Support is our specialty.... (lol, just remove this line please. I've worked customer support and this line embarrasses me.)

Ok, so nothing mentioned at all about the rewards, which basically tells me you didn't read my ticket. Honestly, it's 20 Catalysts and complaining about a measly 20 is not worth it. So again, why am I upset? Friends of mine received the exact same copy and paste message 6 days later. Yep, a clear sign I wasted my time posting.

Here are the customer support priorities:

-Taking little or no interest in actually reading my post (includes the lack of acknowledgement of "I'm not getting the rewards for completing" piece of it). The issue is wasting time on broken content, not confirming you have bugs in the game that I already know.

-The obvious copy and paste nonsense (I'm done with submitting any tickets because this company does not take them seriously).

*Honestly, even a measly 10 cartel coin grant would have been a good enough gesture to show you actually read what I posted.

Here is my impression of the priorities from the leadership:

-If something is broken that benefits player, it's addressed and removed immediately (example: Belsavis world boss) and it's the players fault for discovering the bug.

-If something is broken that inhibits game play, we sit on it until the next update-whenever that may be (examples: Thul, Ubara, and weekly operation progression).

In summary, I do understand that this game comes with bugs-they all do. What I'm most annoyed with is the lack of accountability of the staff at Bioware and EA. I love this game still and been a subscriber nonstop for the last 10 years. But I do not feel like a valued player. For that, I am done submitting tickets, providing free testing on the PTS, or providing any other suggestions because the saying that you listen and act on player feedback is simply not true. You've certainly not cared about my experience the last 10 years. I will continue to play the game, but don't expect me to put forth extra effort. Hopefully this feedback helps you become a better organization because other paying subscribers like myself don't appreciate being blown off. It's not a good way to encourage participation.

Thank you for your time and attention, if you choose to give this some.

Edited by bdaviau

At this point I have zero faith that they'll do anything.

Their copypasta response (that I've also seen) is usually: "This is a bug, nothing we can do about it, better luck next time!"

That happened when gear boxes are empty.

That happened when guild commendations weren't delivered for completing conquest.

That happened when locked out of the Feast of Prosperity world boss situation.

That happens basically with everything.

You're basically going to the CS desk in Walmart to complain about how the store is run. In-game CS can only do so much. They can replace your broken toaster, but not repair it. 🙂

This is not true.

....Walmart CS is definitely way more capable than BioWare CS.