The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Variant of the CE Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer Sets for the CM

arunav

When folks saw there were items labeled for the Digital Collector's Edition on the PTS recently in the CM window, we thought maybe there would finally be a way to upgrade our accounts and access the the CE vendor on Fleet.

This seemed like a decent compromise for those who either weren't around before launch to buy the original CE, weren't sure if SWTOR was something they'd actually enjoy enough to spend so much on a Collector's Edition for, were children and not old enough to use a credit card, haven't been able to find a new CE with an unused code in the years since, are suspicious those that are still being sold aren't new, etc.

The compromise we thought would be: original CE owners still have all the unique items from it, like the Malgus statue, journal, and soundtrack on CD, and everyone else could pay a reasonable amount to upgrade their account and at least access the CE vendor, primarily for the 2 armor sets mentioned and 1 dye.

This becomes more pertinent now, as the Combat Styles system finally lets folks play as Imperial Troopers, with assault cannons or any other ranged tech weapon, but players are limited to 1 reputation armor from Makeb that doesn't change appearance with dyes well, and an Imperial Trooper CM set that has blinking lights all over it (one of the Homer Simpson armors).

If the original CE armor sets must remain exclusive, can one of the many variants on the CE Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer sets seen throughout the game be made available on the CM? Or be placed on a vendor?

These sets feel really basic to the game, like certain other class sets (Jedi, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, etc.) that have been made available as legacy-bound for very few credits. They are iconic looks in the SWTOR universe that can be used by characters or on companions, and fit the aesthetics of the game world well.

Lastly, perhaps a new Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer armor can be designed and made for sale on the CM? That would probably take much more effort, but maybe it's also an option.

Thanks for reading and considering.

Edited by arunav

I think it would be nice if they would just sell a Collectors Edition digital upgrade here in the site. That way they could keep getting sells for people who are fresh to the game if they don't plan on making new CE physical copies with goodies.

This reminds me how sad I am that I did purchased the CE of the game but lost the galaxy map and the OST of the game due to an unfortunate accident. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Bioware recently had the opportunity to do exactly this and declined to include it with the new collectors edition, which I think would have been a good seller if it included access to the vendor.

It has been asked for, in and off during the years by different people and I doubt they will ever give us access to a upgrade.