Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

7.0 short story and we need more replayable chapters -Feedback/rant-

jaruminski

For the past few updates, I haven't been enjoying how short these expansions have been ever since KOTET ended, this was just short and I hate waiting months just for another but this expansion was a lot shorter than the others. I really enjoyed how KOTFE expansion was handled where the first release will have multiple chapters to play and then each month a new chapter would then come out to continue the story, I want to have a reason to come back to SWTOR.

I don’t know why they stopped doing chapters especially to make them replayable but this just isn’t enough to keep me on SWTOR because once you finish it, what then? I want to replay some of these missions like Echoes Of Oblivion and even some of the story missions that had you do operations that do have dialogue like the Nathema conspiracy flashpoint, I don't want to do operations that don't have them.

We wait for like half a year just for the next one, I know that this expansion was to close off a few things and give another beginning for something big to happen but I hope this next expansion would be as long as KOTFE and that they are replayable. They should have kept these missions as replayable, I don't know why they stopped doing this but I'm not satisfied with this update with the lack of story mission time we've gotten.

=Reposted to Suggestion box to be in the right thread=

Edited by jaruminski
To mention that I reposted this on the suggestion thread so that it's in the right location.

For the past few updates, I haven't been enjoying how short these expansions have been ever since KOTET ended, this was just short and I hate waiting months just for another but this expansion was a lot shorter than the others. I really enjoyed how KOTFE expansion was handled where the first release will have multiple chapters to play and then each month a new chapter would then come out to continue the story, I want to have a reason to come back to SWTOR.

I don’t know why they stopped doing chapters especially to make them replayable but this just isn’t enough to keep me on SWTOR because once you finish it, what then?

As a casual player who came back to the game in anticipation of an actual expansion as opposed to a glorified patch I feel the greatest sin is how this expansion is something that can be easily played through and leveled up in a few hours. That's ridiculous. I'm with you that it should be like KOTFE, which I enjoyed immensely.

Fortunately I haven't played in awhile and hadn't even finished 6.0 yet on my main characters so I am still playing through "new" content and enjoying it a lot. I have 3 main characters that are different classes with different dark/light alignments. I love the new combat styles that I can add to make things interesting.

I also have a light sided Sith Inquisitor Level 60 that I'm doing Shadow of Revan currently and am looking forward to doing KOTFE with. It pays to go away and come back as all the old stuff is new again.

I still like this this game over WOW because I have actual dialogue and choices that actually make a difference AND I can play the game all the way through and experience the story line in solo mode. In WOW you can only go so far and are left hanging if you don't raid. They don't let you do solo raids. I hate playing with other people.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a MMORPG not a single player but I still enjoy exploring things and playing though a story. I hope they do add chapters to this game once I get to the new content.

My problem with this expansion is that it does need more content and they took things away that we had before. I never understood why devs seem to insist on tinkering with things that are fine to begin with and feel the need to take away things/skills we had and enjoyed before. They should have spent less time tinkering and deleting things and more time adding content.

Edited by __andrea__

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.