In game events easier way to see one is active?

ronin_chi_lao

Besides the group finder would there be a way to indicate there is something happening to grab more new players attention.

As in just some little flashy indicator it's happening but it could easily be turned off if a player didn't want or need to be reminded one is running.

Just saying would adding a small indicator that pops up on the ui maybe to show an event running be a good thing. It would be just to get more new players hopping around and trying more content. Some might not have a guild to rely on.

Maybe also add an indicator on the map showing a position to go to start and a mini tutorial to pop to then direct them to the finder?

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

Um, are you saying that the things on the Fleet like the floating carbonite bounty, the "news terminal", the feast kiosks, etc, aren't easy? 🤔

Also, of course, if you go to your Mission Log, Conquest tab, it will tell you what event is happening. So does the 'social' drop down when you log in.

But sure, why not another flashing message on your screen? 🙄

Well i just found out the gree event starts on feb 8th with no prior information from anywhere else and that was a post that got replied to from jackie on this forum as well as the pirate incursion for later in february.

I was more in line for an advanced message system. (you know to say when that way people can plan time to do them)

And that social bar that drops down is an annoying EA money grab insult that won't stay put when I move it (no love for that thing)

Honestly it was more a suggestion to help new players that's all.

Not everyone goes all over the fleet looking for the indicators as you mentioned. (many just don't know)

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

Well i just found out the gree event starts on feb 8th with no prior information from anywhere else and that was a post that got replied to from jackie on this forum as well as the pirate incursion for later in february.

Um, Mission Log - Conquest tab, upper left it says Next event Gree.

The 'social window' that annoyingly comes up every time you log in, clearly states what event is currently happening.

It's not the we need another 'indicator', you just need to discover the ones that are already there. 🙂

Um, Mission Log - Conquest tab, upper left it says Next event Gree.

The 'social window' that annoyingly comes up every time you log in, clearly states what event is currently happening.

It's not the we need another 'indicator', you just need to discover the ones that are already there. 🙂

Usability matters in design and if people are not realizing the indicators are there, it's goofy to put it on them that they just "need to discover it." Personally, I never noticed the conquest tab has any indicator about that and it's no surprise why since it doesn't even say "event." It says next conquest and has the name of the conquest, which apparently happens to correspond to the event name in this particular case, but would mean nothing to a new player who hasn't seen the event before.

Just something to keep in perspective... sometimes people get used to a system as it is, even though it's seriously crappy, and because they are used to it, it doesn't seem crappy because they internalized how to work around all its crappiness so they don't even notice it anymore. Then a fresh pair of eyes comes in and sees it in all its crappiness and it doesn't mean that person is wrong and needs to internalize how to work around it, it's a valuable sign that something could be designed better. Granted, it can be tricky to design such a system better without throwing off all the people who were used to the old system. But that's what iterative feedback is for.

Usability matters in design and if people are not realizing the indicators are there, it's goofy to put it on them that they just "need to discover it." Personally, I never noticed the conquest tab has any indicator about that and it's no surprise why since it doesn't even say "event." It says next conquest and has the name of the conquest, which apparently happens to correspond to the event name in this particular case, but would mean nothing to a new player who hasn't seen the event before.

Just something to keep in perspective... sometimes people get used to a system as it is, even though it's seriously crappy, and because they are used to it, it doesn't seem crappy because they internalized how to work around all its crappiness so they don't even notice it anymore. Then a fresh pair of eyes comes in and sees it in all its crappiness and it doesn't mean that person is wrong and needs to internalize how to work around it, it's a valuable sign that something could be designed better. Granted, it can be tricky to design such a system better without throwing off all the people who were used to the old system. But that's what iterative feedback is for.

I been on this game for a while and still have no clue where to look for those dark vs light bosses. I mean someone on fleet or wherever will ask for a group but I never see them. Does the activity window show something like when the other events come up? I feel like i miss out on some rewards from that.

I been on this game for a while and still have no clue where to look for those dark vs light bosses. I mean someone on fleet or wherever will ask for a group but I never see them. Does the activity window show something like when the other events come up? I feel like i miss out on some rewards from that.

The DvL bosses spawn around the victory state in various places, there's a discord server for star forge that forms groups for the bosses

https://discord.gg/Xwxhnpmf

I been on this game for a while and still have no clue where to look for those dark vs light bosses. I mean someone on fleet or wherever will ask for a group but I never see them. Does the activity window show something like when the other events come up?

This information does not exist in the game. The developers

- expected datamining to provide that information to players

- fed that information behind the scenes to content creators

- expected the players to accidentally run into these bosses and then cooperatively pool that information

Take your pick from above. In any case, the information is only available from external sources like Dulfy.

The game shows "Light/Dark side victorious" which is an indirect indicator of which of the bosses may have spawned. Not all bosses are guaranteed to spawn, the spawn locations can rotate, they despawn at the slightest pretext and respawn timers are long.

They "BW Austin"ed the whole design.

Edited by mike_carton

This information does not exist in the game. The developers

- expected datamining to provide that information to players

- fed that information behind the scenes to content creators

- expected the players to accidentally run into these bosses and then cooperatively pool that information

Take your pick from above. In any case, the information is only available from external sources like Dulfy.

The game shows "Light/Dark side victorious" which is an indirect indicator of which of the bosses may have spawned. Not all bosses are guaranteed to spawn, the spawn locations can rotate, they despawn at the slightest pretext and respawn timers are long.

They "BW Austin"ed the whole design.

hmm sounds like a recurring theme from them :D