The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Suggestion: Moddable gear vendor for content type

Dark-Zero

Hi Folks, one of the major issues that i've been seeing and hearing from players across the spectrum is the issue that they want to be able to customize their gear and stats but they dont want to be forced into specific content that they dont usually do or want to play.

What we have is an issue where i have to have specific defined pieces and setups for my preferred content, i cannot for example have more alacrity or less if i choose to with the current gear. Choice is one of the best things about the 6.0 moddable system and i think we're missing that.

With that in mind here is my suggestion:

Have a moddable gear vendor for each tier of the current gear setup. So max level for PVP is 326, i can get armoring mods and enhancements for that gear using the currency of that content type if i were to choose to spend my currency in that way

This allows people the choice to tweak their gear how they like to play. We could set a requirement to have item rating 326 before it could be accessed for example or some other controls. But we should allow folks to tweak their gear once they attain the max level for that content. Obviously, the stats you get from higher content is still better, but it allows players the choice to tweak to match their playstyle