The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lack of Character Boost on Imperial Fleet

Flysparks

I logged onto a new bounty hunter on the PTS to see how things have come along in the past 4 months or so. I wandered around the fleet desperately searching for a droid to boost me to level 80. I came to the forums scrounging around for a post with instructions on how to get boosted to level 80. I sifted through youtube videos trying to find some path to boosting to level 80 and finally found that you just can't do that with an Empire character (unless you get your personal starship and go to Odessen).

This is an absolutely ridiculous obstacle for people wanting to look at abilities, loadouts, etcetera. Obviously I'm not going to sink hours of time into the PTS to grind from level 1 to get my Personal Starship. And yes, I know I can just create a character on the Republic and do things on their fleet. But, now instead of being interested in what's going on with the PTS, I'm quite irritated about having wasted 40 minutes trying to find something that was never there; so irritated that I thought it was important to share this experience on the forums.

I get that programming is difficult and, like me, your programmers are trying to spend their valuable time on projects other than the PTS. I get that there are plenty of threads on this forum and one of them may contain details that would've spared me my very not-fun scavenger hunt. But I don't read the forums every day. Checking the threads that seemed relevant (getting started on the PTS, what's new on the PTS, etc.) didn't get me the information I needed. It's essentially nonsense that I had to find a youtube caster to tell me why I couldn't find the droids I was looking for.

I believe there is a self-evident lesson about user-friendliness here. I would have much rather been playing the PTS than writing this post. And, had I not written this post I would be much more likely to report more valuable feedback from the PTS content. Food for thought.