The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eternal Championship Scaling Way Off

tsteenburg

Compared to most of the other game scaling, the Eternal Championship is way off. On the Live server, I have no problem beating it without dying. With all the other content (vanilla pve, heroics, fps, wzs, etc) I feel far more powerful once adjusting to the nuances of 7.0, but the eternal championship is far harder. If you are going to include is as a Galactic Seasons objective, you have to do something about the scaling.

Compared to most of the other game scaling, the Eternal Championship is way off. On the Live server, I have no problem beating it without dying. With all the other content (vanilla pve, heroics, fps, wzs, etc) I feel far more powerful once adjusting to the nuances of 7.0, but the eternal championship is far harder. If you are going to include is as a Galactic Seasons objective, you have to do something about the scaling.

I remember at launch this was difficult and challenging. So how much harder is it if you compare it to when it came out originally?

I remember at launch this was difficult and challenging. So how much harder is it if you compare it to when it came out originally?

I'll speak for myself but the challenge is way higher. At launch it wasn't even difficult and we werent even geared. The only difficulty was the fact that it was new and you had to figure out the mechanics. But that didn't stop me from pulling this off without real issues. The version on PTS is pure hell.

Edited by demotivator

I also noticed this. I posted it in my post about scaling but yeah its way off. I do the eternal championship all the time on live servers, I farm the cybernetic rancor mount on all my chars, decorations, and I got the sprint champion title a long time ago, so I usually pretty much face roll it, but there is a huge difference in difficulty on the pts. Maybe it has something to do with me not having that 30 stack buff on pts, I dunno...but I even died a few times, and that just pretty much never happens on the live servers.

I did this on PTS with:

- 322 gear

- 326 Legendary Implants (set bonus)

- Augments to lower GCD and to get 106% Accuracy

- level 50 companion

It is more challenging than on live but most rounds are incrementally more difficult. Round 6 is just nuts; I barely survived with a dead companion, use of all Kolto stations, lot of self-heals and DCDs, lot of running around kiting.

I did this on PTS with:

- 322 gear

- 326 Legendary Implants (set bonus)

- Augments to lower GCD and to get 106% Accuracy

- level 50 companion

It is more challenging than on live but most rounds are incrementally more difficult. Round 6 is just nuts; I barely survived with a dead companion, use of all Kolto stations, lot of self-heals and DCDs, lot of running around kiting.

Had some issues with this round as well. On live I get a melee companion to kill one add, while I kill the other one and keep agro on the boss. Once the adds are dead, I can tank the boss without issues even with his stacking punches. On PTS I just couldn't stay toe to toe with him, I had to kite him (thus not shooting at him since I was no more in melee range) while my companion was dpsing him.

It did work with minimal damage but It feels wrong that you can't stay in melee because his damage output is so high and it also made the fight quite long. I don't see people getting the timed achievement with that kind of scaling.

Edited by demotivator