Bye

Templock

Welp after tolerating this game since launch I'm finally done with this game. KOTFE is just too much torture to bear and has finally broken the spell this game has had on me for 10 years.

Just remember Bioware, you killed this game when you changed Tracer Missile's animation.

Edit: Just wanted to get my last Tracer Missile shot in.

Edited by Templock

While I'm not ditching the game until I get to see what comes in 7.0 live I will agree that I can happily level a toon right up to KOTFE and KOTET (I can never distinguish which is which) but once I hit that point I neither want to skip on or repeat that content. I have so many alts now that just hit a wall at that point - I don't want to vanquish companions nor add other ones.

Its a shame that either expansion ever happened imo as the feel of the gameplay changes and even the animation used and extra occasional abilities are confusing.

I'm here since launch. I have a fondness for those at the helm and their love of the game but despite me being very happy the game still exists I am worried for the year ahead. I never thought the 10th anniversary would fill me with such dread instead of pleasure.

I hope I am proven wrong.

Thoughts on KOTFE

The entire expansion is just a series of tunnels to the next cutscene, sprinkled with some scripted skytrooper fights. Apparently everyone got it in their heads that story = an annoying amount of cutscenes. The new zones are so tight they're suffocating; I literally felt short of breath running those things. Even the Odessen "Wilds" is just a tight loop only available during it's story phase.

The new companions are just insufferable. Lana is just gross. She looks like her plastic face is about to slide off her skull. Her hair makes her look like some stay-at-home mom and her robe makes her look pregnant. Theron is too annoyingly American/Republic-aligned, and Koth is never around. And why are they all human? I lost Khem, Ashara and Andronikas for these morons?

I only started the expansion content recently, once it became clear to me that my Bounty Hunter wouldn't ever be fun to play again, and I regret doing a lot of it. The only fun I had was the Shadows of Reven expansion. After that the whole piecemeal chapter gimmick was just tiring. Low resources versus some idiotic demand for more cutscenes just killed the game for me. KOTFE isn't even a game. It's an interactive choose-your-own-adventure novel, and without the semblance of story/conversation choices you could watch the whole thing on Youtube and not miss a thing.

And no, KOTFE is what broke me into quitting this game forever. Quitting the game is an excuse to dump on Tracer Missile.