The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

(Bonus) Mission rewards at level 80 have to be improved.

YanYama

(Bonus) Mission rewards at level 80 have to be improved.

As it stands now, completing any "ground game" (bonus) mission once you are level 80 (excluding heroics), only gives you a few CQ points (sure, potentially more than "a few" if it is your first bonus mission since daily reset) and some credits and sometimes some no-longer-useful-gear.

With the removal of the Renown system, there is no longer any feeling that what you do adds up to anything once you are level 80, especially not after you have gotten any "Defeat Enemies" for your characters current locale. One easy way of somewhat remedying this unfortunate design choice, is to institute better rewards for completing any bonus mission.

Completing any bonus mission should also give players 5-15 of any randomly chosen gearing currency if the character completing the quest is level 80, and maybe more if the game selects Tech Fragments as the rewards (say 50-100 Tech Fragments). (Maybe even include a grade 6 companion gift in the pool of randomly selected rewards, although this is a bit less useful for many players.)

Doing this will have several positive effects:

It will increase the longevity of any new and existing content considerably. The game already has a cohort of people who stealth-&-skip through any new content in 5 minutes after it has been launched, only to then complain about how the "game is dead" or "was that all?", which is not only somewhat amusing to read in fleet chat(s), but also might scare off newer players (in addition to what's already regularly transpiring on the Kids Fleet and DK).

If people take some more time doing the bonus missions because of the enhanced rewards drops I am proposing, it will also make some people appreciate the game more I think, in the sense that this game is *huge* if you endeavour to play through all the content it offers. But with people having IRL requirements and constraints, many simply can't be asked to do this fantastic new mission you have created, because the lack of rewards needed to enjoy other aspects of the game are simply not there.

At the end of the day, we all want to be rewarded for whatever we are doing. SWTOR does require a somewhat serious approach if you want to partcipate in its end-game content, irrespective of PvE or PvP or GSF, that much is true. But the vast majority of players are not getting paid to play this game, and with the new gearing system being so demanding, it will basically force most people who are not casual to start skipping out as much as they can on any storylines, thus reducing the game outside of people's preferred activity (PvP or Ops) to just a big Heroic grind, to able to upgrade anything whatsoever.

The current lack of proper rewards for bonus missions reduces the longevity of any new content offered, in addition to greatly reducing the longevity of any existing content once a player hits 80. It furthermore reduces the attractiveness of doing anything else than endless heroic grinds - content which the "old timers" have already done a zillion times over.

My proposal is an easy way to at least partially fix the many issues I have with the gearing currencies we are going to be subjected to.

I would take it one step further, and add the same rewards, or perhaps slightly bigger ones, to *any* mission whatsoever once the character is at level 80. This way, people would still feel like there is value to completing all missions offered, including exploration missions and bonus missions, instead of just being forced into a considerably more narrow selection of content.

I have a lot of other things to say about what's on PTS, but it has already been said by other people in other threads. My above suggestions are what I consider to be the most effective way of extending the value of the content the SWTOR developers have already created, instead of making the game narrow and hollow, should the current 7.0 system proposed on the PTS go live.

Best regards.