The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert head armor!

It's been suggested a thousand times, but I don't see it on the front page right now so I'll do the honors.

For easily hiding unwanted hoods without needing to settle for a headband. I really don't understand how you didn't do this already with the other covert armor pieces.. Another chance to make us buy something separately I guess!

It's been suggested a thousand times, but I don't see it on the front page right now so I'll do the honors.

For easily hiding unwanted hoods without needing to settle for a headband. I really don't understand how you didn't do this already with the other covert armor pieces.. Another chance to make us buy something separately I guess!

I'm not exactly sure what BioWare's reason was, naturally, but...

My best guess is that it's a grotesquely inadequate solution to the problem. Think about what people have asked for about hiding hoods:

* Have my character's bare (hoodless and hatless, not bald) head visible while adventuring. (*)

* Have my character's bare head visible during cutscenes. (X)

* Have my Kallig's Countenance (for example) under a visible hood. (It hides your hood.)

* Have my Eradicator's Mask (for example) without having a hood. (It doesn't hide your hood.)

(Neither of those two specific helmets is the only one concerned by this sort of request.)

The Covert Energy Helmet ("CEH") would only solve the wishes marked with (*). Er. The single wish that's marked with (*).

The real show-stopper is marked with (X). It's probably the case that like all helmets, the CEH would be hidden in certain cutscenes (above all to avoid problems with kissing companions, but also things like when you wake up in Arcann's ship in KotFE Chapter I). While hidden, it would, like all other hood-hiding helmets, cease to hide your hood, so suddenly that hood you went to some trouble to hide would become visible, just when it's time to kiss your beloved companion.

It would do the same thing if, by mistake, the player turns on the "Hide Head Slot" checkbox in the Outfit slot that contains the CEH.

So, once again, I'm going to suggest that you seek what I seek, a new checkbox next to "Hide Head Slot" that's called something like "Hide Hood", and move the hood-hiding function to that new checkbox.

My guess is that there's more money to be made by selling a hoodless version of the armor.

That would be more convincing if the CM didn't have:

* Hooded armour without a hoodless version.

* Armour sets with the hood-up and hood-down versions of the chest.

But it does, indeed, have both of those.

So then, are you willing to explain to me why they don't apply the togruta/nautolan method?

I *can't* explain that because I don't have the necessary inside knowledge. And it shouldn't be that method anyway.

It should be, as I described above, a checkbox called something like "Hide Hood", one that sits next to the "Hide Head Slot" in Outfit Designer. Hiding or showing hoods - for all species except Togruta, Nautolan and Twi'lek - should be governed by that checkbox and not by your character's helmet.