The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's up with thresholds?

SeCKSEgai

1590 at 75 hits 110, with enhancements and such generally being 431 - some a bit more, some less.

2716 at 80 hits 110.06 but tertiary stat only went up from 431 to 475 (320 gear)

1126 point gap for just 5 levels with gear numbers that don't justify it.

I didn't even bother testing the other thresholds because my 322 gear with 326 and 328 implants needed most augmentation slots to be occupied with accuracy with only enough crit to almost make 34%.

How can one expect to nerf players from multiple angles and expect acceptance?

Player abilities being pruned is bad enough -- leveling up to get weaker doesn't make a lot of sense. We lose access to some of the quality set bonuses and we're given illusions of choice as far as the "new" skill tree goes.

The new gear system is a lot of grind for little improvement. 3 planets of weekly heroics for a slight upgrade? Eliminating most of the rng doesn't amount to much if the replacement means triple the work for a pitiful payoff.

Earlier today I did a vet fp as a healer with 3dps. I was tanking each boss most of the fight because not one of the dps could dish out enough damage to hold more threat. I'm pretty sure that I could have beat them all combined just doing it with a healer comp.

This gear system is going to only make that worse - poor rotations combined with low accuracy from the default stats means even less eagerness to group with random folks.