The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is this 2/21/18 build a bit silly?

badalchemist

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMsrrobcoZfhMbdh.1

You use CGC, and the ST rotation is something like the following:

1. Indendiary Missile -> procs CGC

2. Rail Shot while you close the distance to melee range -> vents 8 heat, refreshes burn

3. Flame Burst -> make Rocket Punch free, chance for immediate free Rail Shot

4. Rocket Punch -> chance for immediate free Rail Shot, chance for automatic crit Rail Shot

5. Retractable Blade -> chance for automatic crit Rail Shot

6. Rail Shot (hopefully at this point free and automatic crit) -> vents 8 heat, refreshes burn

7. Repeat 3-6

There are some debatable filler talents, but the key ones should be obvious. Thoughts?

Edited by badalchemist

yes im afraid its actually silly, ur missing out key points from pyro to get a slight boost on crit chance with ur rails, however ur rails will do less damage because uve neglected damage boosts from pyro .

also, flame burst isnt 100% guaranteed free rocket punch. thats what immolate is for really. incendiary missile doesnt proc CGS either.

Edited by Teacosy

yes im afraid its actually silly, ur missing out key points from pyro to get a slight boost on crit chance with ur rails, however ur rails will do less damage because uve neglected damage boosts from pyro .

also, flame burst isnt 100% guaranteed free rocket punch. thats what immolate is for really. incendiary missile doesnt proc CGS either.

Whoops, yeah I meant that Incendiary Missile has a DoT that will let you fire Rail Shot. I think with the Flame Burst -> Rocket Punch I had a brief lysdexic moment there. :o

I've tried it a couple times in normals. It does okay there. I would say over a long test period I'd say the damage on average is at least equivalent to Pyro, maybe a little better. However it's very drown or draught. I'd say on average you are rail shotting every 8 seconds and at least half of those are crits. With surge rating and power you are decimating strongs/champs/bosses. However there are periods where it's 15 second rail shots and that is just trash as we all know.

I haven't tried them in our HM runs, and I wouldn't either. With enrage timers you need your DPS to happen. Being reliant on procs isn't efficient.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Tarch

Similar to every MMO, you should never be a hybrid spec. The best of the talents are towards the top of the tree, so by spreading them out you lose key stats that end up making you sub-par. Instead of being great at one thing and "meh" at everything else, you're "blah" at all three.

Notice all the skill reset abilities, crit multipliers and specific stats are that high up in the tree...it's for a reason. Pick one style of play, not all of them.