The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Additional Gender kind of changes for 7.0? or Female beard bug?

SezbooMatwayas

I don't know if it is a bug or the result of the recent gender-policy-evolution, but female characters can have beard and mustache. Is this intentional? Will male characters have tho option to have cosmetics? :rak_02: (I know that this may be divinding topic, but pleas treat this post with dignity.)

There are several other unanswered gender topics in forum:

1. Change of gender of characters for in-game-currency or CC

2. Setting up gender preference during character creation (it would affect in game romance)

3. Setting up a new lgbtq+ gender with all female-male-cosmetics otpions O----> / O----+ / O--+->

4. Setting up gender affiliation for legacy

a) e.g it would remove mustache only for you from lgbtq+ female characters if you are hetero as an option (it would work like profanity filter, but with textures) so hetero ppl don't have to see bearded chicks running up and down (no offense)

b) hetero / lbgtq+ romance options for conversations by default

Thank you for discussion.

I don't know if it is a bug or the result of the recent gender-policy-evolution, but female characters can have beard and mustache. Is this intentional? Will male characters have tho option to have cosmetics? :rak_02: (I know that this may be divinding topic, but pleas treat this post with dignity.)

There are several other unanswered gender topics in forum:

1. Change of gender of characters for in-game-currency or CC

2. Setting up gender preference during character creation (it would affect in game romance)

3. Setting up a new lgbtq+ gender with all female-male-cosmetics otpions O----> / O----+ / O--+->

4. Setting up gender affiliation for legacy

a) e.g it would remove mustache only for you from lgbtq+ female characters if you are hetero as an option (it would work like profanity filter, but with textures) so hetero ppl don't have to see bearded chicks running up and down (no offense)

b) hetero / lbgtq+ romance options for conversations by default

Thank you for discussion.

The beards on women may be a bug, but I think they should be kept either way. Some players will like that option, for playing nonbinary characters or roleplaying drag queens, and the rest of us aren't forced to use them. Cosmetics on men would also be nice, and I would use them on my Commando if I could. Hopefully this is added. I think it would be fairly simple to do.

Gender change option would be a good addition. I think it would require changing the dialogue coding for romances though, so we probably won't get it with 7.0.

A gender preference setting in the context of a game does not make much sense. You, as the player, can just choose not to flirt with companions you aren't attracted to, whether that is because of your sexuality or because the companion is unpleasant to be around.

A new gender in character creation would not make sense. A gender neutral character creator (with their pronouns, appearance, and voice all as separate options) would be neat, but again, I suspect that is too much work for them to finish in 7.0.

Remove mustaches?! This is a bad idea for several reasons. It would equate facial hair (which many women do naturally have, whether cis, intersex, or trans) to profanity. And it would be weird to remove characters (players or npcs) from view just because you don't like how they look. While I don't enjoy seeing ugly Hutts, there is no filter to remove Hutts from the game, and I don't think there should be one.

More romance options would be nice, especially for women characters, but again, that is a change I doubt will happen before 7.0 is released.