The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sniper Skill Tree/Abilities disbalanced!

Nether_Pantera

Hello, SWTOR team. I would like to share my experience so far with the upcoming new "Combat System/Style/Changes". One of my favorite DPS classes is "Sniper" and as big fan i wanna complain about what's current status in 7.0 patch.

I'm totally not agree to force players to pick abilities which are really useful for Sniper, which were always part of Snipers and that's how should remain.

I'm giving example: Why i have to choose between "Orbital Strike" and "Ballistic Shield" abilities? These two abilities are needed to any sniper, no matter what! Secondly, you've removed "Evasion" ability from Sniper's Tree, according to what logic? You're turning Sniper class into paper against bosses, Flashpoints or even Heroic missions. Don't dare to say: "you will play with other players as supports". Even in Operations these abilities are still needed with or without supports.

You also have removed "Maim" ability and again players need to choose between this and other abilities. So, basically if i pick "Shatter Snipe" which is good passive for "Marksmanship" build, i have to say Goodbye to "Maim" and i'm not gonna be able to stun any Strong/Elite NPCs?

Another problematic ability: "Target Acquired". You've added two cool passives, but ofc you need to CHOOSE between them or this instant ability which as default it's needed for Sniper.

I'm playing the game since 2014 and i adore this DPS class. So far it was really good rather than previous changes of the game, it had perfect balance until 7.0. I can only suggest to make bigger/wider "Option" between all these abilities, like to have more abilities to pick, not to have only 1 available pick from 3 abilities. It's just not fair. I haven't check other classes, but im sure that there players who think the same.

As last suggestion, i can only say to bring back old bonus set to be available for permanent use (not only while leveling). Let people to pick what they want according to what playstyle they want build in the game. Players want to have more options and more wider possibilities in the game. Do not cut all these options after every expansion.

Edited by Nether_Pantera

I'm giving example: Why i have to choose between "Orbital Strike" and "Ballistic Shield" abilities? These two abilities are needed to any sniper, no matter what!

I disagree. Neither of those abilities is really needed at all times, although Ballistic Shield is indeed a nice utility option. In all honesty, Hololocate / Ballistic Shield / Orbital Strike is probably the only talent row I have zero issues with. Each of them has a clear niche usage:

Hololocate for most of the pvp scenarios,

Ballistic Shield for ops and occasional ranked pvp,

Orbital for flashpoints, chapters, solo.

The complete lack of any means of self-healing, "evasion" competing with the one and only available hard CC are serious issues however.