Let us sit on our couches/chairs in our strongholds

Edaros

This might've been suggested many times already but i'm still going to make a suggestion on it.

Why give us all these cool furniture if we can't use any of it in a practical manner?

Most if not all games with player housings lets you use your furniture. This is the ONLY game i've come across where that's not possible.

The game engine is not the issue either because i've played other games using the same engine where players can use their furniture.

There's already sitting animations from both cutscenes and emotes, why not use them and let us sit in our chairs/couches? After all these years, i would've thought BioWare had implemented these changes but coming back to the game, seeing that nothing has been done is a bit, sad..

Come on BioWare. Get with the times! :mad:

It's a recurring request, to have sittable chairs outside the ones in player ships.

In the meantime, position yourself carefully (bind the walk/run toggle to a key and *walk*), and use the /chair emote to sit.

If you use /chair to sit where there isn't a chair and look carefully, you'll be barely able to see an almost-invisible stool(1) underneath your character. Position yourself so the stool is "inside"' the decoration chair, and that should look OK. Probably a good idea to remove back-carry weapons before sitting, as they will otherwise clip into / through the visible chair.

(1) No, I'm talking about a backless chair here.

It's a recurring request, to have sittable chairs outside the ones in player ships.

In the meantime, position yourself carefully (bind the walk/run toggle to a key and *walk*), and use the /chair emote to sit.

If you use /chair to sit where there isn't a chair and look carefully, you'll be barely able to see an almost-invisible stool(1) underneath your character. Position yourself so the stool is "inside"' the decoration chair, and that should look OK. Probably a good idea to remove back-carry weapons before sitting, as they will otherwise clip into / through the visible chair.

(1) No, I'm talking about a backless chair here.

That's just simply not good enough.

I know how to use the sit emote but we shouldn't have to, and that's the point.

As i said before, there are other games that uses the same game engine where you can use your furniture properly.

I'm definitely not going to give up on it just because someone, be it a fanboy or a white knight, strolls into my thread, telling me in a subtle way to 'deal with it'.

I'm definitely not going to give up on it just because someone, be it a fanboy or a white knight, strolls into my thread, telling me in a subtle way to 'deal with it'.

I didn't ask you to give up on it. Perhaps instead of "in the meantime" I should have said "While you're waiting for them to build it"

And I possibly should have noted that "it's a recurring request" means "for as long as Strongholds have been in the game", i.e. since patch 3.0 in 2014, so I would also recommend not holding out much hope for it being built any time soon.

And JQ is right about your attitude.

That's just simply not good enough.

I know how to use the sit emote but we shouldn't have to, and that's the point.

As i said before, there are other games that uses the same game engine where you can use your furniture properly.

You misread Steve's response. It was just a suggestion / work-around. I (and others) do exactly that when we have guild meetings that we "physically" attend on the flagship where the meeting room has a lot of chairs and a large table with officers sitting behind it and so on.

There are sit-able chairs around the game, such as the front seat on the Umbara train in the stronghold.

I 'd pay a lot of CC to have these as decorations.

The /chair emote would be much better if it slid us back a bit. As it is now, due to limitations on how close you can get to the chair decoration objects, you're always perched precariously on the front edge of the chair. Sometimes you're hanging off of it.

Also, several of the chair and couch decorations are at the wrong height for the /chair emote, so you end up sitting halfway into or hovering way above the seat. Depending on the floor covering in use or any poorly positioned hooks, all the chairs may be at the wrong height.

And many of the furniture Arrangements have seats that you can't properly position yourself to sit on, because the seats are far too close to the tables. Such as...

* Arrangement: Cantina Lounge

* Arrangement: Underworld Bar

* Arrangement: Zakuulan Luxury Lounge

* Arrangement: Zakuulan Party Table

(I hope the devs notice this so they'll stop releasing new decorations with seats too close to tables!)

I'd be happy if they'd fix the /Chair emote, give us an alternate/additional /Chair emote, fix the decorations to be usable, or give us sit-able furniture. Any solution would be great.

Edited by Xina_LA