The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Razor's Kickstart nerfed

Dekibra

Just a minor thing I noticed but still: bummer- we obviously can’t have nice things :(

(The Razor's Kickstart tactical which I brought from live as I copied a character doesn’t work the way it does on live: the acceleration now only happens every 10 seconds… so no more spamming mount-dismount-mount-dismount to go faster from A to B :( )

I just found out by accident when I copied a character from Live to PTS to give this Tactical to my new character that is trying the class and expansion story challenge. I wanted to create a nasty thread until I saw this one.

This is not a minor thing but a pretty big deal and extremely disappointing! You have just devalued all the Swoop Racing grind I did in order to farm those COSMETIC Tacticals for my characters. You have also just made me regret that we are getting a new expansion to celebrate your grandiose 10 year anniversary at all. :mad:

Tell me BioWare, why should I ever bother to do your PTS challenge now if you are more than willing to devalue any cosmetic items on a whim?

Edited by Phazonfreak

Ehh, i'm not a fan of the change really, but I'mma guess BW didn't intend for people to spam mount/dismount as much as people do. I get why they changed it, but it really woulda been nice if they coulda just turned a blind eye to this one.

As for it being a cosmetic tactical... I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

Oh is that the problem. I noticed it randomly not working, but didn't pick up on the internal cooldown. Glad I already got my Dantooine achievement. :rolleyes:

I get the basic idea, people constantly re-mounting is degenerate gameplay that they didn't intend, but a) this is a level design issue at its core, and it's just going to breed frustration with your players if you take away our hacky solution to the problem without solving it properly yourselves, and b) at the very least, change the tooltip to reflect the nerf!

Oh is that the problem. I noticed it randomly not working, but didn't pick up on the internal cooldown. Glad I already got my Dantooine achievement. :rolleyes:

I get the basic idea, people constantly re-mounting is degenerate gameplay that they didn't intend, but a) this is a level design issue at its core, and it's just going to breed frustration with your players if you take away our hacky solution to the problem without solving it properly yourselves, and b) at the very least, change the tooltip to reflect the nerf!

actually the tooltip is changed (I found out when I hovered over the icon and voilà: this can occur only once every 10 seconds)

... and b) at the very least, change the tooltip to reflect the nerf!

The tooltip has been updated to reflect the change. I have seen screenshots of the updated Tooltip.

It reads "Increases immediate mount acceleration. This cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds."