The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stealth Changes in 7.0

HotaBae

We understand the benefit of resurrecting more frequently in group content, so we are removing the Operation wide lockout timer from combat rezzing. As a balance measure, we've made it so only healing disciplines have access to combat revives. We'll be monitoring this and will adjust the cooldown as needed.

On Live - the group-wide combat rez lockout resets in operations when you respawn. That allows for a single combat rez for most bosses, with occasional second uses in the longer fights.

On the PTS - since the personal ability cooldown timer for the combat rez does not reset on wipes, we will effectively still only be able to use an average of one combat rez per 5 minute interval. That means we will still only get an average of about 1 combat rez per fight. If a group is progging (shorter pulls), it will be even more problematic. Sure, you can rez two people in one pull, but then you are locked out of all combat rezzes for about 5 minutes (which can be more than one pull during prog). If your intent was to mitigate the loss of stealth rezzes by giving two usable combat rezzes, then I recommend either resetting the cooldowns between pulls, or addressing this issue some other way.

As a quality of life change - you should also do this with raid buffs like in other games. (IMO - Wiping on an Ops boss should reset the Raid Buff cooldown debuff).

As a secondary thought - these changes also remove the ability for stealth toons to reset their medpac for multiple uses. While it may have been unintentional for medpacs to reset, it has become a part of the classes' survivability. For something like an operative healer, who has experienced a trend of dwindling survivability, it is just another hit to the survivability toolkit during a time where sorc healers and merc healers have pretty much escaped unscathed.

Edited by HotaBae

On Live - the group-wide combat rez lockout resets in operations when you respawn. That allows for a single combat rez for most bosses, with occasional second uses in the longer fights.

On the PTS - since the personal ability cooldown timer for the combat rez does not reset on wipes, we will effectively still only be able to use an average of one combat rez per 5 minute interval. That means we will still only get an average of about 1 combat rez per fight. If a group is progging (shorter pulls), it will be even more problematic. Sure, you can rez two people in one pull, but then you are locked out of all combat rezzes for about 5 minutes (which can be more than one pull during prog). If your intent was to mitigate the loss of stealth rezzes by giving two usable combat rezzes, then I recommend either resetting the cooldowns between pulls, or addressing this issue some other way.

As a quality of life change - you should also do this with raid buffs like in other games. (IMO - Wiping on an Ops boss should reset the Raid Buff cooldown debuff).

As a secondary thought - these changes also remove the ability for stealth toons to reset their medpac for multiple uses. While it may have been unintentional for medpacs to reset, it has become a part of the classes' survivability. For something like an operative healer, who has experienced a trend of dwindling survivability, it is just another hit to the survivability toolkit during a time where sorc healers and merc healers have pretty much escaped unscathed.

huh? the group lockout for battle rez doesn't reset on a wipe on live. At least not in HM/NiM combat.

huh? the group lockout for battle rez doesn't reset on a wipe on live. At least not in HM/NiM combat.

It absolutely does. I just went and double checked because you just made me second guess myself. Watched a Dread Council Nim pull where they used the rez right before team wipe. And not 10 seconds later - nary a pink debuff to be found.

It absolutely does. I just went and double checked because you just made me second guess myself. Watched a Dread Council Nim pull where they used the rez right before team wipe. And not 10 seconds later - nary a pink debuff to be found.

Funny when doing HM Dxun lastnight the battle rez debuff stayed after a wipe, so I know your mistaken.

Edit: If you tested it on Story mode, SM Ops has something like a 30 second CD for battle rez. HM and NiM Ops have the normal 5 mins or so.

Edited by Toraak

I mean, appreciate your help in generating activity on this post, but i even just double checked a hard mode dxun clip from this week. They wiped on trandos and the rez debuff disappeared while the raidbuff debuff stuck around.

It will not get cleared if you stealth out.

If you rez and run back, the debuff will reset. Last time im engaging with you on this.

Edited by HotaBae

I mean, appreciate your help in generating activity on this post, but i even just double checked a hard mode dxun clip from this week. They wiped on trandos and the rez debuff disappeared while the raidbuff debuff stuck around.

It will not get cleared if you stealth out.

If you rez and run back, the debuff will reset. Last time im engaging with you on this.

Strange. That didn't happen for us. Oh well. We decided to wait for the debuff to go away at least once so we'd have B rez up for the fight. Glitch maybe?

Edited by Toraak