The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

UI Scaling - Character Select and Creation - Still too small

AlacrityFitzhugh

Sad to see that there still is no UI scaling for Character Select, Character Creation, or the Interface Editor itself. Kinda surprised this didn't get into the PTS build. Those of us running 4k monitors have a hard time seeing the tiny print in those areas. The Global Scale once you're in the game is perfectly fine (set at 1.5).

I've also noticed the tooltip text is also too small to easily read, even with Global Scale set to 1.5 (in the Abilities panel, at least.

Or am I missing something? :rak_02:

Sad to see that there still is no UI scaling for Character Select, Character Creation, or the Interface Editor itself. Kinda surprised this didn't get into the PTS build. Those of us running 4k monitors have a hard time seeing the tiny print in those areas. The Global Scale once you're in the game is perfectly fine (set at 1.5).

I've also noticed the tooltip text is also too small to easily read, even with Global Scale set to 1.5 (in the Abilities panel, at least.

Or am I missing something? :rak_02:

I was hoping with the UI Refresh they would look at the following issues:

1. Galaxy map zoom in and out bug on high resolution screens
  2. Nameplate text scaling to be revisited. (I dont want to disable based on distance) to make it readable
  3. Default UI scale based on current Resolution

Not to mention every game coming out today pretty much supports 4K as well as further technologies such as DX11 and DLSS....So i'd be interested to see if this 7.0 is simply just a fresh lick of paint or a legit UI tech overhaul to support bigger resolutions and the latest graphics cards.

Edited by SnEaKyMan